Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat Roof Repair With Henrys

I have a composition on flat roof. I had a area that had delaminated as
a bubble, as I have been unable to chase a leak, and tore a 8"x8"
section of roofing out, and the paper underneath as this is what I was
told to do by a roofer. It has a layer of roofing below I believe. Then
I flooded it with Henrys 208R with fiberglass on top and the perimeter,
and covered that with the same. I went to the Henrys site and think it
said that I should have slit the bubble, pulled it back and taped and
coated the patch. Was the way that I did the repair wrong? It is now
about 1/4"-3/8" of 208r. It is dry and not raining this week, perhaps in
4-5 days, so perhaps I should have used 205, also recommended on their
site. I understand that this stuff does not harden completely. Not sure
how long it takes to dry. Should I do anything else. It is in an area
that ponds over a bedroom. Help if you can!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 2:56*pm, Michael Roback wrote:
[...]

Mike-

I've been case a crappy flat roof section on a shed area of my garage
for nearly 30 years...the Henry's site method is what I use....slit
bubbles to remove / eliminate.

But the real problem is the ponding, I used to have ponding in one
coners (opposite the rood drain loaction). I built up the ponded area
with liquid Henry's (108?) and very small pebbes. Got rid of 90%
of the ponding problem and nearly all the leaks....but mine is a
garage so perfection is not required.

Can you build up the area with layers of roll comp cut to match the
pond? Mastic down so as to avoid nailing through the membrane of the
roof. I swtched to using 108(?) and wet patch. The 108 ideally needs
a couple days before rain.

Good luck I think we're due for some ran next week.

cheers
Bob

flat roof (car port) repair Sam UK diy 5 November 19th 07 02:42 PM
Repair flat roof or have a sloping tiled roof put on? N. Thornton UK diy 0 January 8th 05 02:22 PM
Repair flat roof or have a sloping tiled roof put on? JohnJ UK diy 4 January 8th 05 08:03 AM
Flat roof repair Lobster UK diy 1 November 2nd 04 01:49 PM
flat gravel roof - how to repair adiel Home Repair 6 August 21st 03 02:53 PM