Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP my toilet splashes back at me now!

someone broke the bowl!
-------------------------------------

hey all, the other day there was a water main break down the road from us.
So we were without water for 8 hours. my wife flushed the toilet before
the water main was fixed. after she flushed there was alot of air shotting
into the bowl. I ran upstairs and turned the incoming water vavle off
under the toilet. No biggie I figure, when the water comes back on i will
just turn the valve back on. Well the water comes back on and i turn the
valve on, and it hisses and sputters, and fills back up. I flush the
toilet, and now instead of just going down the drain, the water somehow,
splashes back up at us, and does not go down all the way. (if that makes
sense) please help. this is a fairly new toilet(2 months old) and has
worked fine since it was installed. it is a Kohler cimmaron class 5. any
advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

frank1890 wrote:
someone broke the bowl!
-------------------------------------

[...]

I don't know if this will help, but...

My basement toilet was bubbling and splashing back at me, but wasn't
during a flush of that toilet, it was usually when the upstairs toilet
was flushed.

It turned out to be a partial blockage of the drain under the front
lawn. Water would rush down the drain, hit the blockage and "bounce"
back, pushing the air behind it back into the house.

Maybe you have a drainage issue unrelated to the water main work, or
maybe the break caused a problem with the sewer pipes also.

Back to the wall toilet John Miller UK diy 0 October 20th 06 11:18 AM
Back to the wall toilet John UK diy 5 October 19th 06 06:36 PM
Cleaning mortar splashes Chris Styles UK diy 3 May 6th 06 11:52 PM
toilet back up nogggin Home Repair 12 February 11th 06 11:17 PM
Clean paint splashes Rich UK diy 3 February 8th 06 09:06 AM