Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Audio/Video Component Receiver

This isn't home repair per se, but I thought maybe someone would know the
answer to this question. I have a stereo receiver, and nearby is a network
jack for my home network.

I would love to be able to play certain Internet radio stations, or the
stream of a regular radio station .

Is there something like an "Internet Tuner" much like they use to sell FM
tuners years ago that you could hook up to your amp?

I was looking at this device, but I am not sure, based on the description,
what the heck it actually does. Does anyone know?

http://www.amazon.com/Shinybow-Compo...41203&sr =8-1

Posted to alt.home.repair

Perry Aynum wrote:
This isn't home repair per se, but I thought maybe someone would know the
answer to this question. I have a stereo receiver, and nearby is a network
jack for my home network.

I would love to be able to play certain Internet radio stations, or the
stream of a regular radio station .

Is there something like an "Internet Tuner" much like they use to sell FM
tuners years ago that you could hook up to your amp?

I was looking at this device, but I am not sure, based on the description,
what the heck it actually does. Does anyone know?

http://www.amazon.com/Shinybow-Compo...41203&sr =8-1

Looking for something like this?

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_duet.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:38:47 -0500, "Perry Aynum"
wrote:

This isn't home repair per se, but I thought maybe someone would know the
answer to this question. I have a stereo receiver, and nearby is a network
jack for my home network.

I would love to be able to play certain Internet radio stations, or the
stream of a regular radio station .

Is there something like an "Internet Tuner" much like they use to sell FM
tuners years ago that you could hook up to your amp?

I was looking at this device, but I am not sure, based on the description,
what the heck it actually does. Does anyone know?

http://www.amazon.com/Shinybow-Compo...41203&sr =8-1

Amazon.com has left out important information. See
http://www.shinybow.com/category.sc?categoryId=3

This is a common problem. Stores show you the FRONT of equipment,
where often the BACK is more important.

The above components could be used to transmit existing A/V signals
between components (using CAT5 cable, NOT ethernet). The one at
http://www.amazon.com/Sangean-WFT-1-.../dp/B0017W3WDC
sounds more like what you want.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Perry Aynum wrote:
This isn't home repair per se, but I thought maybe someone would know the
answer to this question. I have a stereo receiver, and nearby is a network
jack for my home network.

I would love to be able to play certain Internet radio stations, or the
stream of a regular radio station .

Is there something like an "Internet Tuner" much like they use to sell FM
tuners years ago that you could hook up to your amp?

I was looking at this device, but I am not sure, based on the description,
what the heck it actually does. Does anyone know?

http://www.amazon.com/Shinybow-Compo...41203&sr =8-1

Maybe something like this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...81&Tpk=netgear

How can this be, that lack of video in an audio box could interfere with video? mm Electronics Repair 0 March 7th 08 06:07 AM
Surface mount component in receiver likely to fail/respond to being hit? TwoBearCatz Electronics Repair 3 July 24th 07 12:15 PM
Can I Record Audio onto the Video Tracks of my VHS Video Recorder? Gazza Electronics Repair 18 January 16th 05 02:29 PM
Old Audio Receiver Hum? [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 January 6th 05 03:45 AM
Component value for HF4000D digital satellite receiver required geoerge Electronics Repair 1 December 30th 04 05:30 PM