Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Dear Dave, Is it true...

....the eagle is out and the chicken is in?

Just wondering.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
...the eagle is out and the chicken is in?

Just wondering.

Yes - along with watermelon
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
...the eagle is out and the chicken is in?

Just wondering.

Yes - along with watermelon

Would you 2 care to compare resumes with the guy you are insulting?

http://obamasresume.org/

Note:
Harvard Law School
J.D. magna cum laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review

I thought not!

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

"retired54" wrote in message

Would you 2 care to compare resumes with the guy you are insulting?

http://obamasresume.org/

Note:
Harvard Law School
J.D. magna cum laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review

I thought not!

Olddog

Impressive on the surface, but that that does not mean he will be a good or
bad President. Lot of people with great book learning still do stupid
things. Let's review this in a year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"retired54" wrote in message

Would you 2 care to compare resumes with the guy you are insulting?

http://obamasresume.org/

Note:
Harvard Law School
J.D. magna cum laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review

I thought not!

Olddog

Impressive on the surface, but that that does not mean he will be a good
or bad President. Lot of people with great book learning still do stupid
things. Let's review this in a year.

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Would you talk this way at work or at the grocery store? This is a public
newsgroup.

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

"retired54" wrote in message
Impressive on the surface, but that that does not mean he will be a good
or bad President. Lot of people with great book learning still do stupid
things. Let's review this in a year.

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Would you talk this way at work or at the grocery store? This is a public
newsgroup.

Olddog

But you did not bring up respect, you brought up his resume. There are
uneducated people that do the best they can in life that deserve a lot of
respect. There are well educated twits that deserve none. Neither has
anything to do with racist humor and I agree it does not belong here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

...the eagle is out and the chicken is in?

Just wondering.

There has been no eagle since March of 2003, it's been a vulture pretending
to be an eagle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't have
to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't
have to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

I've heard worse. I know the term "colored" is offensive.

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

retired54 wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.
Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't
have to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

I've heard worse. I know the term "colored" is offensive.

Olddog

How do you order "black" coffee without being offensive?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 7:15*pm, "retired54" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

Red Green wrote:
...the eagle is out and the chicken is in?

Just wondering.

Yes - along with watermelon

Would you 2 care to compare resumes with the guy you are insulting?

http://obamasresume.org/

Note:
Harvard Law School
J.D. magna cum laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review

I thought not!

Olddog

BS, where Biden went to school. Ph.D. from Kucinich's alma mater
Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 6:28*am, Chuck wrote:
retired54 wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.
Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't
have to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

I've heard worse. I know the term "colored" is offensive.

Olddog

How do you order "black" coffee without being offensive?- Hide quoted text -

I would remind him of NAACP also
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chuck" wrote in message
retired54 wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.
Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't
have to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

I've heard worse. I know the term "colored" is offensive.

Olddog

How do you order "black" coffee without being offensive?

I usually get sugar in my coffee. But no thanks. I've had enough.

I try to be respectful and hopefully they will return the courtesy. I
understand the resentment on both sides but we grew up with close family
ties to African American families so I lack the same feelings some of you
do. These stereotypes just perpetuate the problems between us. Some of us
will not be able to change but our kids seem to be adjusting well.

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 6:44*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't have
to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

Watermelons may be race-neutral, but "watermelon cracks", when used in
certain contexts - such as Frank's post - are not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"retired54" wrote in news:5zrQk.114432$Mh5.111417
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

"Frank" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
...the eagle is out and the chicken is in?

Just wondering.

Yes - along with watermelon

Would you 2 care to compare resumes with the guy you are insulting?

http://obamasresume.org/

Note:
Harvard Law School
J.D. magna cum laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review

I thought not!

Olddog

Lighten up Olddog! Don't take things like this so serious. Every pres
that I can remember has been the butt of ha-ha's that I can remember. I
guess you've contacted every late night talk show over the decades
expressing how insulted you are at their monologue as well as shows such
as SNL.

Red Green
Professional Wanna-Be
PhD, 20-20 Hindsight
Shool of Hard Knocks
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
...the eagle is out and the chicken is in?

Just wondering.

Yes - along with watermelon

Would you 2 care to compare resumes with the guy you are insulting?

http://obamasresume.org/

Note:
Harvard Law School
J.D. magna cum laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review

I thought not!

Olddog

Lighten up Olddog! Don't take things like this so serious. Every pres
that I can remember has been the butt of ha-ha's that I can remember. I
guess you've contacted every late night talk show over the decades
expressing how insulted you are at their monologue as well as shows such
as SNL.

Red Green
Professional Wanna-Be
PhD, 20-20 Hindsight
Shool of Hard Knocks- Hide quoted text -

Red:

2 comments:

1 - I'm all for the ha-ha's and jokes about our politicians, but I
think they should directly related to the person - Bush's command of
the English language, Clinton's sexual exploits, Reagan and Bonzo,
etc.

Once we start with the watermelon comments and lawn signs (actually
seen in my area) like "No Apes In 08" we've moved beyond humor to
racism and I don't think that's appropriate.

2 - You started this thread with "...the eagle is out and the chicken
is in?" and most recently posted "Every pres that I can remember has
been the butt of ha-ha's"

I guess I'm missing the "ha-ha" in your OP, and other than the
"watermelon" comment from Frank, I don't see any attempts "ha-ha's" in
this thread. From that perspective, I'm not sure why you would ask
Olddog to "Lighten up."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
[...]

Impressive.

You'll note the "white" talk-show hosts steer clear of the racial
stereotypes.

Look I hope you don't mean any harm but this kind of stuff is hurtful and
from what I've seen this group is above this type of gutter humor. But I
could be wrong.

Anyway, I've said enough. I doubt I'll be able to solve all the world's
problems. ;-)

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted At: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:17 PM
Posted To: alt.home.repair
Conversation: OT - Dear Dave, Is it true...
Subject: OT - Dear Dave, Is it true...

"retired54" wrote in message

Would you 2 care to compare resumes with the guy you are insulting?

http://obamasresume.org/

Note:
Harvard Law School
J.D. magna cum laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review

I thought not!

Olddog

Impressive on the surface, but that that does not mean he will be a

good
or bad President. Lot of people with great book learning still do

stupid
things. Let's review this in a year.

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Would you talk this way at work or at the grocery store? This is a
public
newsgroup.

Olddog
=================================
Then respect other's rights to their own
Freedom of Speech and be offended.

I think Freedom of Speech has been stifled
long enough with all the 'politically correctness'
(put your thoughts and feelings in a box and
only play 'make nice').

I believe more and more people will "unstifle"
themselves to speak their minds in the future....
and to hell with what other people 'think or feel'
about it. Stifle yourself, not other people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted At: Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:04 AM
Posted To: alt.home.repair
Conversation: OT - Dear Dave, Is it true...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does

not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't
have to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

I've heard worse. I know the term "colored" is offensive.

Olddog

=================================
?????
So let's see, these days black folks refer to "people of color", but it
is supposed to be offensive for now for white people to refer to
'colored people'?????

Political correctness be damned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"retired54" wrote in message

Impressive.

You'll note the "white" talk-show hosts steer clear of the racial stereotypes.

Look I hope you don't mean any harm but this kind of stuff is hurtful and from
what I've seen this group is above this type of gutter humor. But I could be
wrong.

Anyway, I've said enough. I doubt I'll be able to solve all the world's
problems. ;-)

An occasional expression of common decency never hurts, although it can raise
the ire of those who have none. Thanks for the effort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news:eZudnZDljYwSRY_UnZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@earthlink. com...
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.

Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does

not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't
have to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

I've heard worse. I know the term "colored" is offensive.

Olddog

=================================
?????
So let's see, these days black folks refer to "people of color", but it
is supposed to be offensive for now for white people to refer to
'colored people'?????

Political correctness be damned.

Clearly, you have issues that cannot be resolved in a usenet
newsgroup.

ya think?

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/ima...-only-sign.jpg

over out!

Olddog

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
olddog wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

IMHO he deserves our respect. I find the racist humor offensive.
Anyone who treats his brother and aunt in the way Obama does does not
deserve my respect.

Steve

So that makes it okay to demean an entire race of people?

Are you talking about the watermelon crack? My grandpa said "You don't have
to be colored to like watermelon."

Watermelons are race-neutral.

Funny thing, watermelon immigrated to America from
Southern Africa. Perhaps my darker skinned cousins
love of watermelon is genetic.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

olddog wrote:

"Chuck" wrote in message
retired54 wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
olddog wrote:
[...]

The funniest thing I ever heard come out of
the mouth of a liberal loony was when she
called my Kenyan friend an African American
African. We just looked at each other, shook
our heads and rolled our eyes. What can you
say to these people who's brains have been
damaged by political correctness.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"retired54" wrote in
:

"Frank" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
[...]

None at all. Guess I'm just used to the lightness of MILD racial humor,
on both sides, with the area I currenty live in. A couple of times this
black dog came straying through my yard. Neighbor (black) decided to name
it to razz me. Would tell me, "Hey I saw Cracker up in your yard again
this morning.". Personally I find it a ha-ha. I guess others would go
ballistic and have PETA storm us.