Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FIBERGLASS SHOWER

-------------------------------------

I'M WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO CUT OUT A SECTION ON BOTTOM OF
FIBERGLASS SHOWER STALL. THE SHOWER STALL IS IN OKAY SHAPE, BUT I NEED TO
BE ABLE TO TRANSFER A PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUAL WITHOUT HAVING TO
LIFT OVER BOTTOM.

ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED

Posted to alt.home.repair

"djenkins" wrote in message
om...

-------------------------------------

I'M WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO CUT OUT A SECTION ON BOTTOM OF
FIBERGLASS SHOWER STALL. THE SHOWER STALL IS IN OKAY SHAPE, BUT I NEED TO
BE ABLE TO TRANSFER A PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUAL WITHOUT HAVING TO
LIFT OVER BOTTOM.

ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED

Several years ago, while selling bath remodeling for Sears, I had a customer
who lived in a mobile home with a fibreglass tub/surround. She wanted a
shower for the same reasons you mention. We had a subcontractor who
refinished tubs and repaired fibreglass. He cut out the front of the tub,
patched the cut edges, and had a custom shower door company make a door to
fit the new opening. I believe a shower curtain would also have worked. She
was happy with the results. However, we still left a lip to keep the water
from running out under the glass door. I suppose you could design some kind
of dam that could be lifted out to gain access and put back in to keep the
water in during use.

Tom G.