Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone using LED lighting at home yet?

Frank wrote:
snip
Had to look up your slang and disagree. I hunt and have several led
flashlights and the Lowe's is the best for casting a beam and finding my
way in the dark. At $30 it is very cheap compared to similar others.

The multi led's are practically useless except for close work. I bought
a 12 led lantern and it's not even bright enough to read by.

Check out this LED flash light. I bought one and it really throws a
beam a long way.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:01:06 -0600, wrote:

Sam's club has some replacement bulbs that are LED
based. Three pack for $15 BUCKS

Anyone tried or using such lighting?

Used white LED rope light for my patio cover:

http://www.kissingfrogs.tv/patiocover.html

and made some LED yard lights with 4 watts of LEDs that actually light
up the yard:

http://www.kissingfrogs.tv/yardlights.html

Looking forward to there being practical LED 60W light bulb
replacements. Some of the CFLs take too long to warm up.

Steve Noll | The Used Hi Tech Equipment Dealer Directory: