Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Curb key water shutoff (size matters!)

Got a curb key and pentagon wrench for Reed and Ford water shut offs. They
use Ford around here. Problem is, that the inside diameter of the tube is
about 1 1/8 inch. And the curb key need about 1 1/2 inch diameter tube, for
the tube to fit in.

What gives? Did they have some undersize models that need a different curb
key? I got the five foot tall curb key, and then find out the controlling
shaft is about 12 to 14 inches down the tube. Didn't need the extra length
after all.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus