DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chimney cap (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/264014-chimney-cap.html)

dbljay7542 November 2nd 08 10:59 PM

Chimney cap

What is the proper method for capping a wooden framed chimney. It is a
wooden structure with a flat top, Vinyl sided, with the triple wall
pipe running up through the center. I need to know what the proper
procedure for finishing the top of this is. Thanks for your help in
this matter.

SteveBell November 3rd 08 02:09 AM

Chimney cap

dbljay7542 wrote:

What is the proper method for capping a wooden framed chimney. It is a
wooden structure with a flat top, Vinyl sided, with the triple wall
pipe running up through the center. I need to know what the proper
procedure for finishing the top of this is. Thanks for your help in
this matter.

The ones around here have sheet metal on top, with a round cover over
the pipe.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement