DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A Piece Of Furniture That Will Mess With Your Dope Smoking Friend'sMinds (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/263956-piece-furniture-will-mess-your-dope-smoking-friendsminds.html)

The Daring Dufas[_5_] November 2nd 08 01:57 AM

A Piece Of Furniture That Will Mess With Your Dope Smoking Friend'sMinds

I must obtain one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKE8r...eature=related

TDD

Larry Caldwell November 2nd 08 03:06 AM

A Piece Of Furniture That Will Mess With Your Dope Smoking Friend's Minds

In article , (The Daring
Dufas) says...
I must obtain one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKE8r...eature=related

TDD

No kidding! The guy who built that is one top notch furniture maker!

Do you have any idea who made it?

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

The Daring Dufas[_5_] November 2nd 08 03:13 AM

Larry Caldwell wrote:
In article , (The Daring
Dufas) says...
I must obtain one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKE8r...eature=related

TDD

No kidding! The guy who built that is one top notch furniture maker!

Do you have any idea who made it?

Yea, I found it later and some better videos.

http://www.dbfletcher.com/

TDD

Dick Adams[_2_] November 2nd 08 04:30 AM

Larry Caldwell wrote:
(The Daring Dufas) says...

I must obtain one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKE8r...eature=related

No kidding! The guy who built that is one top notch
furniture maker!

Agreed. Excellent craftsmanship. Beautiful inlays.

Do you have any idea who made it?

No way to tell from the video. But a web search might
lead to the manufacturer. Problem is the price tag.
My off-the-wall guess is $15,000 minimum. Would not
be surprised if it went for $30,000.

Dick

BobK207 November 2nd 08 07:40 PM

On Nov 1, 8:30*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
Larry Caldwell wrote:

(The Daring Dufas) says...
I must obtain one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKE8r...eature=related

No kidding! *The guy who built that is one top notch
furniture maker!

Agreed. *Excellent craftsmanship. *Beautiful inlays.

Do you have any idea who made it?

No way to tell from the video. *But a web search might
lead to the manufacturer. *Problem is the price tag.
My off-the-wall guess is $15,000 minimum. *Would not
be surprised if it went for $30,000.

Dick

Dick-

I would agree on your SWAG about pricing but............

http://www.dbfletcher.com/risingandf...-furling-table

unfortunately the $/pound exchange rate can make it even worse.

prices (depending on size) run from about $25k to $60k

looks like the market is luxury yachts.....so if your spending 30
million on a boat, why not another $60k for a table?

In "production" I could see the cost dropping
substantially.....Ferrari vs Chevy

cheers
Bob

[email protected] November 13th 08 12:01 AM

On Nov 1, 5:57*pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I must obtain one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKE8r...eature=related

TDD

yes most greatest table top of all time.. Simply amazing!!! Must be 30
grand waisted on this thing.

DerbyDad03 November 13th 08 12:22 AM

On Nov 1, 10:13*pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Larry Caldwell wrote:
In article , (The Daring
Dufas) says...
I must obtain one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKE8r...eature=related

TDD

No kidding! *The guy who built that is one top notch furniture maker!

Do you have any idea who made it?

Yea, I found it later and some better videos.

http://www.dbfletcher.com/

TDD

Who fixes it when the mechanism breaks halfway open...30 miles out to
sea?

Oh yeah, and can you say "pinch point".

Nice piece though...