Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gas pipe size

I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas meter.
Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that length?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Posted to alt.home.repair

I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas meter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

36K BTU total.
Seamus J.
"ransley" wrote in message
On Oct 30, 5:16 pm, "Seamus J. Wilson" wrote:
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas
meter.
Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that length?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

And the burners are 8000 btu or 15000 or

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote in message
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas meter.
Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that length?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

http://www.newark.org/externals/a6/f...257dbb1869.pdf

The answer is on page 3

Posted to alt.home.repair

Use the larger pipe. Doesn't cost all that much more. The big cost is labor.
And you may want to put in a crematorium or do sacrifices there later. It
would not be pleasant to find out that your creatorium is under fueled.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote in message
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas meter.
Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that length?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Posted to alt.home.repair

She'll love you for your bigger size.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote in message
news I thank all who responded to my pipe size question. I will use 3/4" pipe
for the run.
Best,
Seamus J.
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Use the larger pipe. Doesn't cost all that much more. The big cost is
labor.
And you may want to put in a crematorium or do sacrifices there later. It
would not be pleasant to find out that your creatorium is under fueled.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote in message
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas
meter.
Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that length?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Posted to alt.home.repair

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas
meter. Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that
length? Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

A bit of 1/4" plastic tubing will work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

For how long?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas
meter. Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that
length? Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

A bit of 1/4" plastic tubing will work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
For how long?

About thirty feet.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas
meter. Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that
length? Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

A bit of 1/4" plastic tubing will work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
For how long?

.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas
meter. Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that
length? Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

A bit of 1/4" plastic tubing will work.

They use plastic for runs from the street tot he meter now. Supposed to
last 50+ years.

How do I calculate gas pipe size? Toby UK diy 4 September 29th 08 12:33 AM
What size hot water pipe should I use? [email protected] Home Repair 10 September 7th 08 11:45 PM
Water pipe size PipeDown Home Repair 14 August 3rd 05 08:01 PM
Odd pipe size Dave UK diy 8 July 1st 05 10:37 AM
Size of pipe for DHW system John UK diy 22 January 10th 05 04:42 PM