Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tracking down an old part-plumbing

I have a customer with an old style two valve tub control. One for the
hot, and one for the cold water. (There is no shower control-this is just
for the tub) The eschutcheon covers are grotty and need to be replaced.
Unfortunately the valves (H&C) have shutoff valves built in, so this means
I need the covers that are large enough to cover the shutoff valve as well
as the main valve body.

A search of local suppliers confirms that there are none to be had. One
even told me he'd been trying to find them for years with no luck.

I did a google search, but nothing fruitfull came up, though there was a
paid ad that offered to sell me mitral valves. Any help from here?

--
charles
Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles Bishop wrote:

I have a customer with an old style two valve tub control. One for the
hot, and one for the cold water. (There is no shower control-this is
just for the tub) The eschutcheon covers are grotty and need to be
replaced. Unfortunately the valves (H&C) have shutoff valves built
in, so this means I need the covers that are large enough to cover
the shutoff valve as well as the main valve body.

A search of local suppliers confirms that there are none to be had.
One even told me he'd been trying to find them for years with no luck.

I did a google search, but nothing fruitfull came up, though there
was a paid ad that offered to sell me mitral valves. Any help from
here?

Check /Restoration Hardware/. They have lots of reproduction parts, and
they sometimes have old stuff.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement