DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing laptop heat spot on wooden countertop? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/263611-removing-laptop-heat-spot-wooden-countertop.html)

Bruce October 28th 08 05:42 PM

Removing laptop heat spot on wooden countertop?

I have been putting a laptop on a wooden desk countertop in the kitchen.
Now there is some heat spots (milky looking) under the laptop.
What is a good way to take the spots out without having to redo the whole
surface?
I'm not sure what the finish is, but it is a glossy one.

Joe October 28th 08 08:45 PM

On Oct 28, 12:42*pm, "Bruce" bruce1293@comcastdotnet wrote:
I have been putting a laptop on a wooden desk countertop in the kitchen.
Now there is some heat spots (milky looking) under the laptop.
What is a good way to take the spots out without having to redo the whole
surface?
I'm not sure what the finish is, but it is a glossy one.

Best to just put a big desk pad on the countertop and don't fret over
the finish. Most experts would likely suggest a total refinish, as
spot refinishing after heat and water damage is nearly impossible. If
it were mine I'd park a new iMac over the bad spot and put the laptop
on a trivet. YMMV.

Joe