Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane Torch Flame - Cone or no Cone?

I finally got around to buying a trigger activated propane torch - a
Bernzomatic TS 3000.

http://tinyurl.com/6ymol3

My old brass need-a-spark-to-light-it torch has a single dark blue cone
in the center surrounded by a longer lighter blue flame.

The TS 3000 has three small dark blue flames that point away from the
center of the nozzle and then the rest of big flame around them. There
is no center cone.

Is the TS 3000 broke or just different?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , DerbyDad03 wrote:
I finally got around to buying a trigger activated propane torch - a
Bernzomatic TS 3000.

http://tinyurl.com/6ymol3

My old brass need-a-spark-to-light-it torch has a single dark blue cone
in the center surrounded by a longer lighter blue flame.

The TS 3000 has three small dark blue flames that point away from the
center of the nozzle and then the rest of big flame around them. There
is no center cone.

Is the TS 3000 broke or just different?

It is merely different. You have multiple parallel "inner cones" of the
flame.

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I finally got around to buying a trigger activated propane torch - a
Bernzomatic TS 3000.

http://tinyurl.com/6ymol3

My old brass need-a-spark-to-light-it torch has a single dark blue cone
in the center surrounded by a longer lighter blue flame.

The TS 3000 has three small dark blue flames that point away from the
center of the nozzle and then the rest of big flame around them. There
is no center cone.

Is the TS 3000 broke or just different?

It's probably a design to make the flame
wrap around a pipe for better heating
and easier soldering. I use whats called
a rosebud tip on my oxy/acet brazing torch.
It has a number of tiny jets and the flame
from it wraps around the pipe I'm heating.

TDD