DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   anyone use a nutone intercom for music only? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/263412-anyone-use-nutone-intercom-music-only.html)

[email protected] October 26th 08 01:23 AM

anyone use a nutone intercom for music only?

i have standard speakers and wires all over my house not hooked up to
anything. I also have a nutone IM-3303 intercom master not hooked up
to anything. Anyway I can make the 2 work together?

Wayne Boatwright[_5_] October 26th 08 01:34 AM

anyone use a nutone intercom for music only?

On Sat 25 Oct 2008 06:23:31p, told us...

i have standard speakers and wires all over my house not hooked up to
anything. I also have a nutone IM-3303 intercom master not hooked up
to anything. Anyway I can make the 2 work together?

Reconnect the wires?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 10(X)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
2wks 2dys 5hrs 27mins
At first there was nothing. Then God
said 'Let there be light!' Then there

DA October 27th 08 09:29 PM

anyone use a nutone intercom for music only?

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ly-338345-.htm
:

wrote:

i have standard speakers and wires all over my house not hooked up to
anything. I also have a nutone IM-3303 intercom master not hooked up
to anything. Anyway I can make the 2 work together?

I would guess that even if you hooked up an intercom system to speakers,
you would not like the quality of sound. Intercoms are not designed for
the frequencies needed to actually enjoy the music. Instead, take a look
at A-BUS components. These can be bought rather cheaply on eBay these days
and they are designed for music distribution over CAT5 wires. You would
need a distribution device and volume controls usually 4 per distribution
device. The volume control is actually a small aplifier which drives about
10W per. Not a lot but enough for background music and certainly more than
a rigged intercom would provide. Look for Channel Vision A-Bus parts, they
seem to be the cheapest yet adequate quality.

Good luck!

\//.

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/