Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Speaking of Joe the plumber (non political)...

Does anyone know what's behind the apparent MAPP gas shortage? I had to
run out for a couple parts for a plumbing repair and was going to pick
up a spare MAPP cylinder and there are none to be found at Depot or
Lowe's.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
Does anyone know what's behind the apparent MAPP gas shortage? I had to
run out for a couple parts for a plumbing repair and was going to pick
up a spare MAPP cylinder and there are none to be found at Depot or
Lowe's.

Haven't seen a shortage. Texas Airgas has at least 40-50 of the 150
lb bottles and at least that many of the larger size bottles.
Plenty of the homeowner type bottles if you want to use them, too.

Haven't been to any homeowner stores looking for welding supplies,
though.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Allison wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Does anyone know what's behind the apparent MAPP gas shortage? I had to
run out for a couple parts for a plumbing repair and was going to pick
up a spare MAPP cylinder and there are none to be found at Depot or
Lowe's.

Haven't seen a shortage. Texas Airgas has at least 40-50 of the 150
lb bottles and at least that many of the larger size bottles.
Plenty of the homeowner type bottles if you want to use them, too.

Haven't been to any homeowner stores looking for welding supplies,
though.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX

150# bottles aren't real convenient when you want to use your TS4000
torch to finish your creme brulee...

For welding I do TIG mostly, though I have O/A on hand for portability.

OT since it isn't political. inner tubes Stuart Fields Metalworking 7 September 17th 08 05:48 AM
NOT Political - Hilarious! Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 31 September 5th 07 02:11 AM
OT Political Eric R Snow Metalworking 0 September 23rd 05 12:57 AM
OT Political tony1158 Woodworking 37 October 28th 04 08:42 PM
Good Plumber or Bad Plumber? Robert Fenster Home Repair 14 June 2nd 04 06:01 AM