Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Winterizing

Just what are you all doing? I want to see if I missed anything.

In offer for your time, one of mine (needed here) is to spider spray the
heck out of every opening, windows, doors, etc. As it cools outside, the
recent crop all try to find a warm spot to winter over. Can get almost like
Arachaphopia (the movie) here for a bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "cshenk"
wrote:

Just what are you all doing? I want to see if I missed anything.

In offer for your time, one of mine (needed here) is to spider spray the
heck out of every opening, windows, doors, etc. As it cools outside, the
recent crop all try to find a warm spot to winter over. Can get almost like
Arachaphopia (the movie) here for a bit.

I got an extra blanket out. Does that count as winterizing? Oh, and I
put a fresh set of wipers on the car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

Just what are you all doing? I want to see if I missed anything.

In offer for your time, one of mine (needed here) is to spider spray the
heck out of every opening, windows, doors, etc. As it cools outside, the
recent crop all try to find a warm spot to winter over. Can get almost
like
Arachaphopia (the movie) here for a bit.

I got an extra blanket out. Does that count as winterizing? Oh, and I
put a fresh set of wipers on the car.

;-) The new wipers is a decent one. I'm also testing out a new heater to
make sure it's ok. I have to heat the garage a bit to avoid freezing pipes.
I've also found the old garage heater is perfect for the sunroom so we moved
the AC out and put that in there.

Generally, grass spiders (they look a bit like wolf spiders) are my first
sign of winter. Found one yesterday running across the carpet. Smacked it
with a copy of 'TCP/IP for Dummies' (using it to remind me of some things as
I seldom need that skill so it tends to fade).

Lets see: Clean fireplace chimney (done)
Check wood pile to ensure got enough for winter (done)
check caulk around windows and doors (partly done)
check pipe heaters in exterior exposed areas (garage for me, done)
put cover on exterior water spigot (not done, too early here)
Change filter on heater (done)
Give dog a bath before it's too cold (not yet done)
Check car anti-freeze (done)
get bag of rock salt for sidewalk/steps (not done)
clear garage so can get car in there (uggh!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cshenk" wrote in message
Just what are you all doing? I want to see if I missed anything.

That reminds me..time to 'blow out" the sprinkler system this week

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rudy" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

Just what are you all doing? I want to see if I missed anything.

That reminds me..time to 'blow out" the sprinkler system this week

Good reminder, get all water out of the yard hose. Normaly it's left kinda
curled up and if we dont walk it down to empty at this time, we need a new
one come spring.