DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   what are "female reducers" used for? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/262759-what-female-reducers-used.html)

[email protected] October 16th 08 03:26 AM

what are "female reducers" used for?

This part was in a catalog of rigid conduit fittings. It is just like
a reducing bushing, threaded inside and out, but it
also has a "hex nut" flange one one end so it can be turned with a
wrench. What are these normally used for?
Another clue-- the part is a Thomas & Betts 1250. Could this be
used to enter a box that has a knockout that's
a size too big?

--zeb

The Daring Dufas[_4_] October 16th 08 04:49 AM

wrote:
This part was in a catalog of rigid conduit fittings. It is just like
a reducing bushing, threaded inside and out, but it
also has a "hex nut" flange one one end so it can be turned with a
wrench. What are these normally used for?
Another clue-- the part is a Thomas & Betts 1250. Could this be
used to enter a box that has a knockout that's
a size too big?

--zeb

If this is what you're talking about,

http://www.tnb.com/ps/fulltilt/index.cgi?part=1250TB

You would use it to attach 1/2" conduit or a fitting
to a cast "Malleable Iron" box or condulet that has
3/4" threaded hole. You would screw the 3/4" part
into the box or condulet using the hex flange to
tighten it with a wrench. You would then screw your
1/2" conduit or fitting into internal part of the
adapter.

TDD

Jeff Wisnia October 16th 08 07:02 PM

The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Shucks, I thought the OP's subject line was a lead in to this lim:

The cock of a fellow named Fred
Was adorned with a spiralized head.
When at last he laid eyes,
On a **** the right size,
He was foiled by a left-handed thread!

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

The Daring Dufas[_4_] October 16th 08 07:12 PM

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:

[...]

What a filthy mind you have. I LIKE IT!

TDD

Harry K October 16th 08 10:01 PM

what are "female reducers" used for?

On Oct 16, 11:12*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:

[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

NOw, I have had a need for a female reducer in the past but she never
said I needed a male reducer for some reaon.

Harry K

The Daring Dufas[_4_] October 16th 08 10:25 PM

wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Well, it does have to be big enough for head and shoulders.
No, not the dandruff shampoo. *snicker*

TDD