DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for suggestions on new basement windows (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/262686-looking-suggestions-new-basement-windows.html)

[email protected] October 15th 08 04:44 AM

Looking for suggestions on new basement windows

My current window openings still have the 2x6's that were used as
forms.

I have some vinyl windows with nailing tabs.

It looks like I need to remove the 2x6's from the forms and replace
with treated 1X6"

Do I need to wrap this with alluminum?

[email protected] October 16th 08 12:42 AM

On Oct 14, 10:44*pm, wrote:
My current window openings still have the 2x6's that were used as
forms.

I have some vinyl windows with nailing tabs.

It looks like I need to remove the 2x6's from the forms and replace
with treated 1X6"

Do I need to wrap this with alluminum?

Is there a standard way to trim these? Some time of standard trim I
can buy?