DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Seeking information about my bench vise. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/262621-seeking-information-about-my-bench-vise.html)

[email protected] October 14th 08 11:32 AM

Seeking information about my bench vise.

I have a bench vise that I really like and am hoping to be able to
find another one of the same type:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...on=view&curren...

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...on=view&curren...

Here is the other side showing the swivel base:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...on=view&curren...

If you can give me any information about this, I would really
appreciate it.

TIA.

Lewis.

*****

[email protected] October 14th 08 02:18 PM

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...w/?action=view...

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...w/?action=view...

Here is the other side showing the swivel base:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...w/?action=view...

If you can give me any information about this, I would really
appreciate it.

TIA.

Lewis.

*****

sorry photos arent there

Thanks, I appreciate the 'heads up'.

Let me try again:-

I have a bench vise that I really like and am hoping to be able to
find another one of the same type:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ent=ViseS1.jpg

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ent=ViseS2.jpg

Here is the other side showing the swivel base:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...rent=Vise3.jpg

dpb October 14th 08 07:04 PM

Seeking information about my bench vise.

Here is the other side showing the swivel base:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...rent=Vise3.jpg

If you can give me any information about this, I would really
appreciate it.

Dang, could you increase the image density a little????!!! :)

W/ dialup it took about 10 minutes to load enough to see anything useful.

Nice vice; but sorry, no clue. Don't suppose there are any casting
markings underneath?

[email protected] October 14th 08 09:12 PM

On Oct 14, 1:04*pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:

... Here is the other side showing the swivel base:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...on=view&curren....

If you can give me any information about this, I would really
appreciate it.

Dang, could you increase the image density a little????!!! :)

W/ dialup it took about 10 minutes to load enough to see anything useful.

Nice vice; but sorry, no clue. *Don't suppose there are any casting
markings underneath?

--

Thanks for looking.

Sorry about the size of the pix, I thought PhotoBucket scaled them to
a size that would be 'friendly' for everyone.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

*****

Ed Pawlowski October 15th 08 03:09 AM

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b.../?action=view?...

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b.../?action=view?...

I have no idea. It may well be from a company that went out of business
many years ago. If you can't find one, Wilton is a good brand but we bought
a couple of vices from Northern Took and they are holding up well at half
the price of a Wilton.

[email protected] October 15th 08 01:02 PM

On Oct 14, 10:09�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
On Oct 14, 6:32?am, " wrote:

I have a bench vise that I really like and am hoping to be able to
find another one of the same type:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b.../?action=view?...

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b.../?action=view?...

I have no idea. �It may well be from a company that went out of business
many years ago. �If you can't find one, Wilton is a good brand but we bought
a couple of vices from Northern Took and they are holding up well at half
the price of a Wilton.

try checking e bay used vices are common, shipping will be pricey

Phil Again October 15th 08 01:36 PM

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 03:32:54 -0700, wrote:

I have a bench vise that I really like and am hoping to be able to find
another one of the same type:-

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

Just a wild donkey guess here----

It looks like a backward "F", a "P", and a "U" at the bottom. My
thinking was a company called something like:
United Forged Products
Unionville Forged Products
Forged Products Of USA
Underwood Forged Products
Forged Products of insert city here
I tried a couple of others, but no luck.

Tired a trademark search for UFP, FUP, and FPU, but no hits like your
marks.

BTW: my cheap bench vice is a casting, and if yours is a forged vice, the
vice should be a lot better. The forge hammer does make a difference,
but more expensive. The Photos showed a well made vice.