DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to eliminate spiders and with them their droppings? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/262178-how-eliminate-spiders-them-their-droppings.html)

Bob M October 8th 08 04:18 AM

How to eliminate spiders and with them their droppings?

I seem to remember that this topic was covered way back but seeing how I
just scrubbed and powerwashed the front of my house I thought I would ask.

Apparently I have spiders living under the trim and soffets of my aluminum
siding. The reason is that over time (weeks) I get droppings on the
siding. This is what I washed off.

I know that spiders are supposed to be good but there is such a thing as too
many. Does anyone have any remedies as to how they can be eliminated or
reduced to cut down on this poop?

TIA - Bob

RBM[_2_] October 8th 08 12:24 PM

"Bob M" wrote in message
I seem to remember that this topic was covered way back but seeing how I
just scrubbed and powerwashed the front of my house I thought I would ask.

Apparently I have spiders living under the trim and soffets of my aluminum
siding. The reason is that over time (weeks) I get droppings on the
siding. This is what I washed off.

I know that spiders are supposed to be good but there is such a thing as
too
many. Does anyone have any remedies as to how they can be eliminated or
reduced to cut down on this poop?

TIA - Bob

Spider droppings are so small that it shouldn't be an issue. If the spider
is in a really productive corner, you can expect to find plenty of the
remnants of his victims, which you can sweep or vacuum. If you vacuum up the
spider, some other spider will fill the void in a heartbeat