DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Submersible well pump (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/262082-submersible-well-pump.html)

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada October 7th 08 12:49 AM

Submersible well pump

Do submersible pumps have a checkvalve built in? There is a check
valve at the pressure tank. Wondering because if there is NOT, I'd be
able to shock the well without opening the well-head (which is buried)

jack[_8_] October 7th 08 03:07 AM

Submersible well pump

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote in message
Do submersible pumps have a checkvalve built in? There is a check
valve at the pressure tank. Wondering because if there is NOT, I'd be
able to shock the well without opening the well-head (which is buried)

Mine has a check valve somewhere in the well. I don't have one anywhere
else; so our systems might not be the same.

Caesar Romano October 7th 08 11:39 AM

Submersible well pump

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:49:57 -0400, clare at snyder dot ontario dot
canada wrote Re Submersible well pump:

Do submersible pumps have a checkvalve built in?

Yes.