DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Concrete Repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261987-concrete-repair.html)

NSN October 5th 08 07:01 PM

Concrete Repair

I have a concrete-pebble driveway that has been repaired. The area
that was cut with a diamond saw needs a bit of help. A few of the
pebbles have popped out along the cut surface and I want to fill those
holes with a cement-like mixture. My problem has been that all the
materials I have tried lack strength and adhesion. Please see attached
photos. Any suggestion as to how I can mix up some "cement" to repair
the voids.

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair1.jpg

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair2.jpg

Thanks!

Norm

olddog October 5th 08 07:12 PM

Concrete Repair

"NSN" wrote in message
I have a concrete-pebble driveway that has been repaired. The area
that was cut with a diamond saw needs a bit of help. A few of the
pebbles have popped out along the cut surface and I want to fill those
holes with a cement-like mixture. My problem has been that all the
materials I have tried lack strength and adhesion. Please see attached
photos. Any suggestion as to how I can mix up some "cement" to repair
the voids.

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair1.jpg

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair2.jpg

Thanks!

Norm

From the pictures I couldn't see an area that needed repair.

When I repair cement like that I use Bondo but you'll probably find a color
variance.

I usually use Bondo Household putty but the Epoxy may give you the strength
you need:

http://www.3m.com/US/auto_marine_aer...tml?itemNbr=94

or

http://www.3m.com/US/auto_marine_aer...tml?itemNbr=96

olddog

Norminn October 5th 08 08:52 PM

Concrete Repair

NSN wrote:

I have a concrete-pebble driveway that has been repaired. The area
that was cut with a diamond saw needs a bit of help. A few of the
pebbles have popped out along the cut surface and I want to fill those
holes with a cement-like mixture. My problem has been that all the
materials I have tried lack strength and adhesion. Please see attached
photos. Any suggestion as to how I can mix up some "cement" to repair
the voids.

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair1.jpg

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair2.jpg

Thanks!

Norm

We used some sanded latex stucco patching compound to make repairs to
conc. block on our condo.
It is outdoors but protected from elements. You might be able to get
away with using that. Sweep up
some of the residue from cutting the concrete and sprinkle on the
surface to color it?

Colbyt October 5th 08 10:06 PM

Concrete Repair

"NSN" wrote in message
I have a concrete-pebble driveway that has been repaired. The area
that was cut with a diamond saw needs a bit of help. A few of the
pebbles have popped out along the cut surface and I want to fill those
holes with a cement-like mixture. My problem has been that all the
materials I have tried lack strength and adhesion. Please see attached
photos. Any suggestion as to how I can mix up some "cement" to repair
the voids.

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair1.jpg

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair2.jpg

Thanks!

Norm

Some of the pebbled walks and drives are made from regular concrete and then
the pebbles are glued on using an epoxy based product. You might try
finding some pebbles than fit the voids and using such a product to stick
them into place.

I agree with the other poster that I did not see anything I would spend the
effort to repair if all you have bad is in the pictures.

Colbyt

dadiOH[_3_] October 6th 08 12:03 AM

Concrete Repair

NSN wrote:
I have a concrete-pebble driveway that has been repaired. The area
that was cut with a diamond saw needs a bit of help. A few of the
pebbles have popped out along the cut surface and I want to fill those
holes with a cement-like mixture. My problem has been that all the
materials I have tried lack strength and adhesion. Please see attached
photos. Any suggestion as to how I can mix up some "cement" to repair
the voids.

Mix up some mortar, add pebbles, push into crack. After the mortar sets up
a bit, use a stiff brush and scrub as needed to remove some mortar around
surface pebbles then sponge residual mortar off pebbles with a damp sponge.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

NSN October 6th 08 01:41 AM

Concrete Repair

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:01:51 -0700, NSN wrote:

I have a concrete-pebble driveway that has been repaired. The area
that was cut with a diamond saw needs a bit of help. A few of the
pebbles have popped out along the cut surface and I want to fill those
holes with a cement-like mixture. My problem has been that all the
materials I have tried lack strength and adhesion. Please see attached
photos. Any suggestion as to how I can mix up some "cement" to repair
the voids.

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair1.jpg

http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/Repair2.jpg

Thanks!

Norm

I have edited the photos to show the voids I want to fill. See arrow.
Would be easier to see in 3D.

Norm

NSN October 6th 08 01:44 AM

Concrete Repair

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:18:02 -0700, "Rudy"
wrote:

How about : http://www.quikrete.com/ProductLines...RepairTube.asp

"NSN" wrote in message
.. .
I have a concrete-pebble driveway that has been repaired. The area
that was cut with a diamond saw needs a bit of help. A few of the
pebbles have popped out along the cut surface and I want to fill those
holes with a cement-like mixture

Looks like what I have been looking for. Now to find some. Will go
check McMaster Carr.

THANKS!