DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Liquid Electrical Tape (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261838-liquid-electrical-tape.html)

T. McQuinn October 3rd 08 01:17 PM

Liquid Electrical Tape

Has anyone tried this stuff?

I have 2 breaks in the wire for my hidden fence system (for the dogs)
and I really prefer soldered splices. One of them gets buried, the
other is in the weather. I will shrink wrap the whole mess after it dries.

[email protected] October 3rd 08 01:24 PM

Liquid Electrical Tape

On Oct 3, 8:17*am, "T. McQuinn" wrote:
Has anyone tried this stuff?

I have 2 breaks in the wire for my hidden fence system (for the dogs)
and I really prefer soldered splices. *One of them gets buried, the
other is in the weather. *I will shrink wrap the whole mess after it dries.

I've used it selectively for low voltage marine applications and
similar. I would think it would be fine for your invisible fence
repair. If you want it fast, instead of HF, I've seen it at HD.

T. McQuinn October 3rd 08 01:29 PM

Liquid Electrical Tape

wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:17 am, "T. McQuinn" wrote:

Has anyone tried this stuff?

I have 2 breaks in the wire for my hidden fence system (for the dogs)
and I really prefer soldered splices. One of them gets buried, the
other is in the weather. I will shrink wrap the whole mess after it dries.

I've used it selectively for low voltage marine applications and
similar. I would think it would be fine for your invisible fence
repair. If you want it fast, instead of HF, I've seen it at HD.

Thanks. I have a can in my hand (and the local HF is no farther than
HD), I've just never tried it. I picked it up on impulse the last time
I was in the store, along with an embarrassing amount of other 'quality
sale items'.

ransley October 3rd 08 01:41 PM

Liquid Electrical Tape

On Oct 3, 7:17*am, "T. McQuinn" wrote:
Has anyone tried this stuff?

I have 2 breaks in the wire for my hidden fence system (for the dogs)
and I really prefer soldered splices. *One of them gets buried, the
other is in the weather. *I will shrink wrap the whole mess after it dries.

Silicone in a tube as in sealant or caulk should be the same thing it
will adhere to a clean surface and be waterproof, just be sure the
tube is not more than a few months old.

[email protected] October 4th 08 10:20 AM

Liquid Electrical Tape

On Oct 3, 8:41*am, ransley wrote:
On Oct 3, 7:17*am, "T. McQuinn" wrote:

Has anyone tried this stuff?

I have 2 breaks in the wire for my hidden fence system (for the dogs)
and I really prefer soldered splices. *One of them gets buried, the
other is in the weather. *I will shrink wrap the whole mess after it dries.

Silicone in a tube as in sealant or caulk should be the same thing it
will adhere to a clean surface and be waterproof, just be sure the
tube is not more than a few months old.

Silicone is much thicker and won't leave an even uniform coat on a
wire. The liquid tape goes on like a heavy paint, will run into and
fill areas in the connection and gives a more uniform, smooth, job.