DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Don't Use Bleach (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261777-dont-use-bleach.html)

[email protected] October 2nd 08 08:18 PM

Don't Use Bleach

I would not use bleach to get rid of mold, I found when you use mold
happens to come back. There is a few products out there one I did like
was the Safe Shield and Molderizer kit.. u can look on the web and
should be able to find them. I do not know the exact address.

ransley October 2nd 08 08:24 PM

Don't Use Bleach

On Oct 2, 2:18*pm, wrote:
I would not use bleach to get rid of mold, I found when you use mold
happens to come back. There is a few products out there one I did like
was the Safe Shield and Molderizer kit.. u can look on the web and
should be able to find them. I do not know the exact address.

Spam, you like both Safe Sheild and Molderizer kit, If conditions that
allowed mold to grow in the first place are not fixed, no matter what
you use it will come back. The active ingrediant in bleach Sodium
Hypochlorate is sold by different names for mold removal, at much
higher prices. Bleach is still the easiest and cheapest to use. Dont
waste your money on Safe Shield, Molderizer kits. I bet Sodium
Hypochlorate is in them.

Phisherman[_2_] October 2nd 08 09:32 PM

Don't Use Bleach

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:18:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I would not use bleach to get rid of mold, I found when you use mold
happens to come back. There is a few products out there one I did like
was the Safe Shield and Molderizer kit.. u can look on the web and
should be able to find them. I do not know the exact address.

Bleach removes mold, but it won't remove moisture. If there is mold
growing, stop the moisture and the mold will stop. Mold and mildew
don't like metal ions.

ransley October 2nd 08 10:45 PM

Don't Use Bleach

On Oct 2, 2:18*pm, wrote:
I would not use bleach to get rid of mold, I found when you use mold
happens to come back. There is a few products out there one I did like
was the Safe Shield and Molderizer kit.. u can look on the web and
should be able to find them. I do not know the exact address.

$$ 50.00 $$ a Gallon for Alcohol, only if I can drink it.

[email protected][_2_] October 2nd 08 11:57 PM

Don't Use Bleach

:
:Spam, you like both Safe Sheild and Molderizer kit, If conditions that
:allowed mold to grow in the first place are not fixed, no matter what
:you use it will come back. The active ingrediant in bleach Sodium
:Hypochlorate is sold by different names for mold removal, at much
:higher prices. Bleach is still the easiest and cheapest to use. Dont
:waste your money on Safe Shield, Molderizer kits. I bet Sodium
:Hypochlorate is in them.

Yes, bleach is the cheapest. Of course, it leaves nothing to prevent
further growth, but it will kill fungus and spores. When I want to do
this I generally use a 20% solution.

[email protected][_2_] October 2nd 08 11:59 PM

Don't Use Bleach

In my garden, I use a solution of baking soda on leaves that are showing
fungus infestations. It seems to control it well. Of course, it also
leaves a residue, so it remains effective as long as it isn't washed
off. I use this on my squash.

Dan

mm October 3rd 08 12:50 AM

Don't Use Bleach

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:32:42 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:18:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I would not use bleach to get rid of mold, I found when you use mold
happens to come back. There is a few products out there one I did like
was the Safe Shield and Molderizer kit.. u can look on the web and
should be able to find them. I do not know the exact address.

Bleach removes mold,

Bleach kills mold, but I don't think it removes it. I had some wet
and moldy sheet rock inside the basement near a water pool outside,
which I removed. I sprayed the bleach and expected the blackish sheet
rock to turn white again, but it didn't because the dead mold was
still there. Once I painted it white again, everything was fine.