Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default basin wrench won't fit, can't remove plastic nuts

I'm trying to change my faucet in the kitchen and I just noticed that
the two nuts holding my faucet to the basin are plastic twist nuts and
I cannot budge them with my hand and cannot fit the basin wrench
around the nut without hitting the basin. It's a plastic nut with 2
wings. Is there any way to get this thing off outside of taking my
dremel tool to it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 30, 5:03*pm, "Don & Lucille" wrote:
yes there is a tool made to fit over the nut I know ridgid makes one. Cone
shapes with notches that fit over those tabs"Joe" wrote in message

I'm trying to change my faucet in the kitchen and I just noticed that
the two nuts holding my faucet to the basin are plastic twist nuts and
I cannot budge them with my hand and cannot fit the basin wrench
around the nut without hitting the basin. It's a plastic nut with 2
wings. Is there any way to get this thing off outside of taking my
dremel tool to it?

I have the Ridgid tool, but I have had that not work too. I have used
my torch in a pinch, on a stainless sink with a fire extinguisher
handy. If you can reach it with your dremel, give it a shot.

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Sep 30, 5:11*pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Sep 30, 5:03*pm, "Don & Lucille" wrote:

yes there is a tool made to fit over the nut I know ridgid makes one. Cone
shapes with notches that fit over those tabs"Joe" wrote in message

I'm trying to change my faucet in the kitchen and I just noticed that
the two nuts holding my faucet to the basin are plastic twist nuts and
I cannot budge them with my hand and cannot fit the basin wrench
around the nut without hitting the basin. It's a plastic nut with 2
wings. Is there any way to get this thing off outside of taking my
dremel tool to it?

I have the Ridgid tool, but I have had that not work too. *I have used
my torch in a pinch, on a stainless sink with a fire extinguisher
handy. *If you can reach it with your dremel, give it a shot.

JK

Just tap the lips with your screwdriver or dremel it off as you can
always replace also try needle nose pliers handle ends .
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Sep 30, 9:05*pm, jim wrote:
[...]

always replace also try needle nose pliers handle ends .- Hide quoted text -

Don't use a torch as it could discoler the stainless steel

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 30, 10:07 pm, jim wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:05 pm, jim wrote:

[...]

actually it unscrewed the opposite direction. I was going lefty loosey
when it unscrewed right. Never really encountered that before. Is that
some kind of plumber trick to get diy'ers to give up?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 30, 10:55*pm, Joe wrote:
On Sep 30, 10:07 pm, jim wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:05 pm, jim wrote:

[...]

No. That is really unusual. Are you sure it wasn't your perspective?
What brand is the faucet?

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 1:31*pm, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:
Joe wrote:
On Sep 30, 10:07 pm, jim wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:05 pm, jim wrote:

[...]

That is completely unheard of.

--
Blattus Slafaly *? 3 * * *7/8- Hide quoted text -

That is completely unheard of.

No it's not...I heard it right here, a couple of posts up. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 2, 9:53 am, Big_Jake wrote:
On Sep 30, 10:55 pm, Joe wrote:

On Sep 30, 10:07 pm, jim wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:05 pm, jim wrote:

[...]

Price Pfister. I don't believe it was my perspective, I was looking
up at it and going lefty loosey forever until I just started trying to
tighten it for some reason and it started loosening. When in installed
the new faucet I turned it right to tighten it.