DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Variable speed furnace with single stage compressor? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261642-variable-speed-furnace-single-stage-compressor.html)

scorpionleather September 30th 08 08:19 PM

Variable speed furnace with single stage compressor?

I have a fairly new single stage compressor and I am upgrading the furnace
and coil part now.

If I get a variable speed furnace, will the comfort features be reduced
because I don't have a multi stage compressor?

For example when the fan is on all the time on low speed for cooling, the
compressor would switch to low speed also. But in my case compressor would
be stuck on high. I am not sure if that means I would lose the gradual air
benefit of variable speed furnaces, during the summer.

ransley October 1st 08 05:32 AM

Variable speed furnace with single stage compressor?

On Sep 30, 4:06*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:19:07 -0700, "scorpionleather"

wrote:
I have a fairly new single stage compressor and I am upgrading the furnace
and coil part now.

If I get a variable speed furnace, will the comfort features be reduced
because I don't have a multi stage compressor?

For example when the fan is on all the time on low speed for cooling, the
compressor would switch to low speed also. *But in my case compressor would
be stuck on high. *I am not sure if that means I would lose the gradual air
benefit of variable speed furnaces, during the summer.

This really isnt all that hard to understand.
A variable speed furnace or air handler is nice. Generally it will
usually raise your A/C SEER rating by about 1 full SEER point. You
have to actually check the website to see exactly.
When you setup the variable speed dipswitch settings properly, you
will get the proper flow of air which is 400CFM per 12,000 btu's of
cooling. When the thermostat satisfy's temperature (and you have the
thermostat fan setting in the "Fan ON") position, the fan will
generally run at about 50% of its normal cooling speed. This allows
for a gentler air flow and also increases the efficiency of any high
efficiency air filter you may have.
Variable Speed units are generally a "Comfort Feature" although they
do provide nominal electrical savings. I have one and wouldnt do
without it if I need to replace my unit.
Bubba

YO Bubba, advertised is 100-110 watt at Carrier- Bryant at low speed
for VSDC, since normal low for my blower is 350-375w how is it
figured? Are you talkin true VSDC that they say takes 110w at low
speed .. What gives , where is CB HVAC-- heart attack?