Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Sluggish Toilet

On Oct 1, 7:27*am, NSN wrote:

snip

*Are any of the Drano like products worth
trying?

Not no, Hell NO!
Strong alkali can do a number on the trap glazing. The glazing on the
better grade toilets is there to keep the turd velocity as high as
possible. Acid is safe to use, don't experiment.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 06:14:52 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

So what do you do with the left over acid?

Actually, I used my pool acid to acid wash-out toilet rim passages.

As of today, I do not own any.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The original poster said the toilet was sluggish, and he used a plunger. If
you don't know how to use a plunger or snake, that's your mental deficiency.
You can find out, with or without reading about the use of acid. Your
choice. If you can read what I wrote. I doubt it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Read the post below of the how to use the acid and then tell me how
exactly you would utilize a plunger or snake to clear the internal flush
water passages in the toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The original poster said the toilet was sluggish, and he used a plunger. If
you don't know how to use a plunger or snake, that's your mental deficiency.
You can find out, with or without reading about the use of acid. Your
choice. If you can read what I wrote. I doubt it.

Again, the only reference to using acid was in the context of using it
to clear the internal flush water passages where a plunger or a snake
has no applicability. Go back and re-read the thread and see if you can
improve your reading comprehension.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Changing the subject, again. You lose.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The original poster said the toilet was sluggish, and he used a plunger.
If
you don't know how to use a plunger or snake, that's your mental
deficiency.
You can find out, with or without reading about the use of acid. Your
choice. If you can read what I wrote. I doubt it.

Again, the only reference to using acid was in the context of using it
to clear the internal flush water passages where a plunger or a snake
has no applicability. Go back and re-read the thread and see if you can
improve your reading comprehension.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Changing the subject, again. You lose.

You lost years ago...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 11:26�am, "Pete C." wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Changing the subject, again. You lose.

You lost years ago...

few people really understand how mr toilet works, and knows what the
inside of the bowl rim looks like./

my neighbors ghot sluggish, he replaced the toilet and smashed it too
see.

bowl rim nearly completely filled with sediment, our water is very hard