DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Small Slab advice (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261529-small-slab-advice.html)

cshenk September 29th 08 02:07 PM

Small Slab advice

Hi, getting some conflicting advice from books.

It's on how deep to pour a proper small slab that later will gain a brick
BBQ.

Ground is grey clay, we planned a sand pit to even it, then a 4 inch depth
of poured cement, 4x5 size, raised so it's about 2 inches above ground (2
inches below). Area is Norfolk VA. Deep enough?

Joe September 29th 08 04:58 PM

Small Slab advice

On Sep 29, 8:07*am, "cshenk" wrote:
Hi, getting some conflicting advice from books.

It's on how deep to pour a proper small slab that later will gain a brick
BBQ.

Ground is grey clay, we planned a sand pit to even it, then a 4 inch depth
of poured cement, 4x5 size, raised so it's about 2 inches above ground (2
inches below). *Area is Norfolk VA. *Deep enough?

Might last 30 years, maybe 50. More with rebar. Consider some sort of
finish that will make hamburger grease spills easy to clean.

Joe