Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Indirect Water Heater Question?

Gentlemen;

I have a Crown Boiler 40 Gal Indirect Water Heater for hot water. The
heating coil is in a loop to my hot water furnace. This has worked well
for close to 10 years now.

What has started happening is that the amount of hot water as well as the
capture rate has dropped significantly.

As I know little to nothing about anything about these other than hot boiler
water circulates through coils immersed in the water tank to transfer the
heat.

Can anyone with any knowledge or experience with this type of hot water
perhaps shed some light on what the issue might be?

I'm all ears.... Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 28, 7:25*pm, Bob M wrote:
Gentlemen;

I have a Crown Boiler 40 Gal Indirect Water Heater for hot water. *The
heating coil is in a loop to my hot water furnace. *This has worked well
for close to 10 years now.

What has started happening is that the amount of hot water as well as the
capture rate has dropped significantly. *

As I know little to nothing about anything about these other than hot boiler
water circulates through coils immersed in the water tank to transfer the
heat.

Can anyone with any knowledge or experience with this type of hot water
perhaps shed some light on what the issue might be?

I'm all ears.... *Thanks

No experiance but it might be calcified up, run lime away through the
coil.