Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing plywood glued to concrete floor

I need to remove about 60 square feet of 3/8" softwood plywood that's
tightly glued from wall-to-wall to the concrete floor of a shed.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably easy and/or efficient way to peel off
the plies or remove the plywood in some other way?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 27, 10:33*pm, wrote:
I need to remove about 60 square feet of 3/8" softwood plywood that's
tightly glued from wall-to-wall to the concrete floor of a shed.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably easy and/or efficient way to peel off
the plies or remove the plywood in some other way?

Did you ever figure out a way to remove it? We're dealing with the
same thing in a house we're remodeling. Someone glued plywood down to
a concrete floor. They used a lot too, spread it like thinset. Then
they put vinyl down over that and the result is bomb proof. We tried
a floor scraper and it was ridiculously hard work, only got a few
square feet up in several hours. We've also tried an air chisel, heat
gun, and scoring it with a saw. Please let me know if you found
anything that works. If yours is only in a shed I'd be very tempted
to leave it.