Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 8' Garage Door Opener

Can anyone advise if there is a Garage Door Opener available for and
8' door where you dont have to buy the extension kit a factory 8'
Opener?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

You might want to see if a Wayne Dalton IDrive would work. I had 3
installed by WD and the price including installation was $400. They fit
above the door instead of in the middle of the ceiling and turn the torsion
spring to open the door.

"locknalarm" wrote in message
Can anyone advise if there is a Garage Door Opener available for and
8' door where you dont have to buy the extension kit a factory 8'
Opener?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 27, 8:20*pm, locknalarm wrote:
Can anyone advise if there is a Garage Door Opener available for and
8' door where you dont have to buy the extension kit a factory 8'
Opener?

Yes, I have two installed on my garage. You probably won't find any
at the big box hardware stores, though. You will have to get it from
a garage door company. Mine are Liftmaster, but I would think that
other brands are available too.

I haven't been hearing too many good things about the i-Drive. If you
decide to go that route, do your homework before you buy. Other
companies make similar systems too.

JK