DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   drip drip (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261365-drip-drip.html)

Frank[_5_] September 27th 08 12:41 AM

drip drip

Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a problem
with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the downspout near
our bed room. What is happening I think is that the last water in the
gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and dropping to the bottom of
the first elbow. The oversize downspout( elbow ) acts as a big drum making a
loud water torture sound all night.
Any ideas on how to damping the sound?
Frank

Bert Byfield September 27th 08 12:51 AM

drip drip

Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a
problem with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the
downspout near our bed room. What is happening I think is that the
last water in the gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and
dropping to the bottom of the first elbow. The oversize downspout(
elbow ) acts as a big drum making a loud water torture sound all
night. Any ideas on how to damping the sound?
Frank

Are the gutters full of leaves?

tom September 27th 08 03:11 AM

drip drip

On Sep 26, 4:41*pm, "Frank" wrote:
Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a problem
with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the downspout near
our bed room. What is happening I think is that the last water in the
gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and dropping to the bottom of
the first elbow. The oversize downspout( elbow ) acts as a big drum making a
loud water torture sound all night.
Any *ideas on how to damping the sound?
* * * * * * * Frank

Maybe fix a short section of rope or chain to the nearest gutterspike
and let it hang into the outlet. Hopefully, it will conduct the water
to the wall of the downspout, stopping the dripping noise. HTH Tom

Don & Lucille September 27th 08 04:13 PM

drip drip

is it hitting the 9o on the bottom? how about butting a small peice of
sponge there?
"Blattus Slafaly" wrote in message
tom wrote:
On Sep 26, 4:41 pm, "Frank" wrote:
Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a problem
with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the downspout
near
our bed room. What is happening I think is that the last water in the
gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and dropping to the bottom
of
the first elbow. The oversize downspout( elbow ) acts as a big drum
making a
loud water torture sound all night.
Any ideas on how to damping the sound?
Frank

Maybe fix a short section of rope or chain to the nearest gutterspike
and let it hang into the outlet. Hopefully, it will conduct the water
to the wall of the downspout, stopping the dripping noise. HTH Tom

Hang a long cloths line rope from the puddle in the gutter down the rain
spout to the bottom. Slow drips will follow the rope.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Phisherman[_2_] September 28th 08 12:00 AM

drip drip

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:41:25 -0500, "Frank"
wrote:

Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a problem
with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the downspout near
our bed room. What is happening I think is that the last water in the
gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and dropping to the bottom of
the first elbow. The oversize downspout( elbow ) acts as a big drum making a
loud water torture sound all night.
Any ideas on how to damping the sound?
Frank

Hang a nylon rope inside the downspout.

Red Green September 28th 08 04:17 AM

drip drip

Blattus Slafaly wrote in
:

tom wrote:
On Sep 26, 4:41 pm, "Frank" wrote:
Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a
problem with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the
downspout near our bed room. What is happening I think is that the
last water in the gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and
dropping to the bottom of the first elbow. The oversize downspout(
elbow ) acts as a big drum making a loud water torture sound all
night. Any ideas on how to damping the sound?
Frank

Maybe fix a short section of rope or chain to the nearest gutterspike
and let it hang into the outlet. Hopefully, it will conduct the water
to the wall of the downspout, stopping the dripping noise. HTH Tom

Hang a long cloths line rope from the puddle in the gutter down the
rain spout to the bottom. Slow drips will follow the rope.

Basically, a rain chain.

Stormin Mormon September 29th 08 07:01 AM

drip drip

If the downspout is on the back of the house, angle it, to make the leaning
tower of townspout, then the water will roll down the side instead of
dripping vertical.

Sponge inside the spout, or maybe wrap the 90 degree turn in something
padded, to soak up the impact. Duct tape, pipe wrap, whatever.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus