Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time for new roof.

Hi,
Narrowed down to two choices.
Concrete tile vs. metal roof looking like tile.
Unit cost is about same, rated life expectancy too.
Probably my last roofing job.
My climate is cold in winter with some snow(never wet snow).
No high winds, no tornado like severe conditions.
Any pros, cons? Suggestions/recommendations?
TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote

Concrete tile vs. metal roof looking like tile.
Unit cost is about same, rated life expectancy too.

My climate is cold in winter with some snow(never wet snow).
No high winds, no tornado like severe conditions.
Any pros, cons? Suggestions/recommendations?

Check to see if the tiles add just a hair of insulation value over the
metal. That might save you some heating dollars in the long run in your
area.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 26, 2:00�am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Narrowed down to two choices.
Concrete tile vs. metal roof looking like tile.
Unit cost is about same, rated life expectancy too.
Probably my last roofing job.
My climate is cold in winter with some snow(never wet snow).
No high winds, no tornado like severe conditions.
Any pros, cons? Suggestions/recommendations?
TIA

try to blend in with neighborhood.

if every home but yours has a metal roof and yours is concrete, at
home sale time being wierd may be a deal breaker
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Narrowed down to two choices.
Concrete tile vs. metal roof looking like tile.
Unit cost is about same, rated life expectancy too.
Probably my last roofing job.
My climate is cold in winter with some snow(never wet snow).
No high winds, no tornado like severe conditions.
Any pros, cons? Suggestions/recommendations?
TIA

I hate to tell you this, but if your roof was not designed for
concrete tiles then, due to the weight, you only have the one choice.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

New roof time JohnR66 Home Repair 8 September 21st 08 05:40 PM
Roof Time In Cincinnati Roof Time Cincinnati Home Repair 0 November 27th 07 12:27 PM