Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bailout (politics)

So, do you think the speach Pelosi made is appropriate for a patriotic
American leader in a time of national crisis? yes or no?

Absolutely ..... (I'm not a Dem., btw).......just as patriotic as the
clowns who have voted
in lock-step with Bush and voted down the plan presented by Bush's
incompetent messenger.
The "leaders" should have seen this mess coming a long time ago and the
only answer was
to cut taxes. Cut taxes = buy votes. The entire house is up for
election in a month, and they
will sell their souls to get another 2 years, so the Reps tried to make
this a Dem plan. That
isn't politics? Florida has a great deal to do with the mortgage mess,
but Florida delegation
almost unanimously voted "no".

As for Obama not returning to Washington, that is ludicrous, as are many
of McBush's
positions. The freaking President is supposed to be the leader, not the
candidates. If
McBush was leading, he could pick up the phone, twist arms, and get a
deal made. Or,
better yet, come up with a deal more palatable and be able to
communicate it to the
public. Mebbe Sarah can do it for him.....just raise her hemline an
inch or something.
With several years of serious foreign policy "problems", energy crisis
and crumbling
economy, lots of folks are still voting on the basis of whether someone
was a POW,
has a vagina or dark skin. How many times has McBush voted against
raising the
minimum wage? And we blame people for being poor?

The "drill now" mentality reflects the same lack of leadership. We've
been talking about
the price of gas and the lack of saving by Americans for forty years!
What if we conserved,
which reduces the outlay in dollars AND we save our supply for the day
when the rest
of the world reaches our level of consumption?

The lame, pseudo-religious garbage in all of the elections since '80
could have been framed
in real moral terms that apply to everyone, like "save for a rainy day"
- don't refi to cover
your freaking credit card excess, save some money in the bank. Oh, the
bank would
have cash and not have to borrow? I can't buy $1,000 in cheap, imported
s--- to put
under the tree every Christmas? I'm old enough to remember the AIDS
epidemic getting
started - it didn't really matter that a bunch of gays had a horrible
disease. It didn't matter
when hemophiliac kids started dying by the hundreds - we just had to
make sure they
didn't buy the home next to ours.

No healthcare plan? I've got mine, I've got a job (now) so you and your
kids can die?
I know Joe and Harry phonied up a sore back, got a permanent disability
and used the
money to open a construction business? What goes around eventually
comes around.
Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

3. Bonier (the GOP leader) goes to Pelosi and says: "I can give you an
additional 12-20 votes if I have your word you'll tamp down any criticism of
the vote by your Democratic candidates." Pelosi probably agrees. Bonier goes
back to the members and says "I have the word of the Speaker."
4. Then the speech. The speech leads several GOP members to significantly
distrust the "word" of the Speaker not to politicize the vote and decide to
vote they way their constituents want.

I will believe that premise after I prove there is a Santa Claus. Folks
still want Hillary to apoligize for
voting for the war, as if she was the only one voting. The greatest
strength of most of the elected members
is their hypocracy and deceitfulness in ramming through their favorite
project.

What is strikingly odd, lately, is the disappearance of the
Clintons.........Bill has been so neutral that I'm
stunned. I am betting five cents that one of them are in line to be
treasury sec, regardless of whom is
elected pres.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Milliners and our Country Legislators

I have been in this country many years over half century I have seen lot,
some I understood, some I did not and some I never will understand. We have
been preached that justice is equal for all! I am Sorry but that is one lie
I can not condone. Our Government does one thing and saying other. Yes old
Indian American Indian was absolutely right when they stated that white man
speaks with two tongs. "Our Government is doing just that". They are telling
us how much they want to help small individual business. Have any one "EVER"
heard of that State or on Federal level has bail out small business from
bankruptcy, instead they have actually put the people into bankruptcy "you
paid the tax" or everything your own and the house In which you are living
in is taking and you are out on street. However our Legislature bends over
to help Milliners

Why? Well you be the Judge.

State of NJ has bail out ENCAP and now ZANADU in Billions. With the money
that they collect from small individual business and if is illegally or
unfair, that is OK since we don't donate Thousands of dollars to politicians
for they extra curricular activities. Yes that is understandable we are not
Golden Goose laying golden eggs, I am truly sorry about that. And now USA
Federal Gov. supposedly is bailing out Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and now
Lehman Brothers. Please don't get me wrong I am all for bail them out but?
First everything that they own must be used as collateral. This people Top
Management, Owners, CEOs they must be brought down on ground level with
blue-collar worker. No Limos, no Yachts, no Royal Royce, no gifts to sibling
in thousands or millions no houses and apartments world wide. You get one
reasonable house to live in that is all "That is Justice" Now you get bail
out, but that will not happen because our corrupted legislators covering
them self,

You see they are part of the system.

That is my Opinion Thank you

Tony

wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 05:27:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 30, 8:10 am, Norminn wrote:
clipped

BTW, for a look at a real class act, take a look at the speach Speaker
Pelosi gave in the House yesterday just before the vote on the
bailout. After everyone from both parties tried to put together a
plan that could get passed and thought they just barely had the votes,
Pelosi gave a vitriolic paritsan speach on the floor of the House,
blaiming the whole sub-prime situation on Bush and the Repulicans.
This from the woman who proclaimed a new era of bi-partisanship when
she became Speaker. Clearly she figured she would play politics and
if the whole thing went down the drain and took the economy with it,
she'd just blame that on the Republicans too.

If you want to see what she actually said, here it is. Ask yourself
if this is the speach of a patriotic American leader in a time of
crisis or a rabble rousing partisan bitch:

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/184803.html

Blaming Pelosi is idiotic ... neither party wants "blame" for voting
either way (shades of WMD)
There probably aren't three people in Congress who really understand the
ramifications of
what they are to vote on, but the overnight markets are making it pretty
clear. The idiots
who spent ten years sniffing out semen stains on blue dresses are the
ones who brought
this mess...........I don't want a moralistic moron in the White House.
Or the other house.- Hide quoted text -

So, do you think the speach Pelosi made is appropriate for a patriotic
American leader in a time of national crisis? yes or no?

Oh, brother!

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 10/4/2008 11:31 AM Old and Grunpy said the following:
Milliners and our Country Legislators

Most of the women's clothing sold in the US is made in China. :-)

(Snip)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
on 10/4/2008 11:31 AM Old and Grunpy said the following:
Milliners and our Country Legislators

Most of the women's clothing sold in the US is made in China. :-)

I'm a milliner as well as a clothier, and all of my products are made in the
USA. The OP obviously meant "millionaires", which could never be confused
with "milliners", since we make very little.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 10/4/2008 12:22 PM h said the following:
"willshak" wrote in message
m...

on 10/4/2008 11:31 AM Old and Grunpy said the following:

Milliners and our Country Legislators

Most of the women's clothing sold in the US is made in China. :-)

I'm a milliner as well as a clothier, and all of my products are made in the
USA. The OP obviously meant "millionaires", which could never be confused
with "milliners", since we make very little.

Missed the smiley, did you?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
in the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for correction Young man
Tony

"Old and Grunpy" t. wrote in message
"Millionaires", and our Country Legislators

I have been in this country many years over half century I have seen lot,
some I understood, some I did not and some I never will understand. We
have been preached that justice is equal for all! I am Sorry but that is
one lie I can not condone. Our Government does one thing and saying other.
Yes old Indian American Indian was absolutely right when they stated that
white man speaks with two tongs. "Our Government is doing just that". They
are telling us how much they want to help small individual business. Have
any one "EVER" heard of that State or on Federal level has bail out small
business from bankruptcy, instead they have actually put the people into
bankruptcy "you paid the tax" or everything your own and the house In
which you are living in is taking and you are out on street. However our
Legislature bends over to help "Millionaires",

wrote:

[...]

Bailout (politics) Stormin Mormon Woodworking 3 September 26th 08 04:30 PM
OT-US Gold reserve to back wallstreet bailout azotic Metalworking 8 September 22nd 08 06:55 AM
OT---mortgage bailout BillM[_2_] Metalworking 8 July 28th 08 06:46 PM
OT - Politics J T Woodworking 309 January 3rd 08 11:51 PM
Some politics netprospect UK diy 0 July 9th 07 11:29 AM