Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I Am Reduced to Buying My Lumbar from the Big Box Stores

Does anybody know whether/if/which Lowes or Home Depot usually has
better lumber?
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

jim evans wrote:
Does anybody know whether/if/which Lowes or Home Depot usually has
better lumber?

crapshoot ime...

why are these the only choices?

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Sep 25, 7:35*pm, "Bob" wrote:
"jim evans" wrote in message

Does anybody know whether/if/which Lowes or Home Depot usually has
better lumber?

IMO, it is pretty much crap at both stores, * Find a good lumber
yard if you can.

Bob-tx

Exactly. Where I'm from the smaller operators offer a better
selection / grade / quality and lower price - and to keep up with the
BB stores offer next day, free delivery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

They buy it locally, so I would expect different stores to have different
quality.

Around here I can find good stuff at HD if I pick through the piles a bit.

About 20 years ago a Grossman's store found it wasn't selling any lumber at
all. Turns out the decent stuff had been picked out and they had racks full
of crap; so their inventory system didn't order any and no one would buy
what was there.
Sounds like a myth, but it actually happened.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:
"jim evans" wrote in message
Does anybody know whether/if/which Lowes or Home Depot usually has
better lumber?

IMO, it is pretty much crap at both stores, Find a good lumber
yard if you can.

Bob-tx

Around here, Lowe's is distinctly better than HD, so it pays to simply
show up and look.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"jim evans" wrote in message
Does anybody know whether/if/which Lowes or Home Depot usually has
better lumbar?

You're buying a lower back from a hardware store?

Posted to alt.home.repair

h posted for all of us...

"jim evans" wrote in message
Does anybody know whether/if/which Lowes or Home Depot usually has
better lumbar?

You're buying a lower back from a hardware store?

That's so he has support...
--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

depends......\

Reduced hot water pressure Henk UK diy 4 May 12th 08 10:07 AM
If you are looking to build a full wardrobe and you have a limitedbudget, consider shopping in used clothing stores. Used clothing stores offera variety of clothing at affordable prices. You can shop for used clothing inphysical stores or online. [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 26th 08 12:19 AM
Mira shower - and reduced pressure due to ... ? confused UK diy 8 October 24th 06 08:05 PM
Infra-red thermometers reduced at Maplin Biggles UK diy 9 December 31st 04 02:26 PM