DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dry (powder) insecticide to kill yellowjackets in wall (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261154-dry-powder-insecticide-kill-yellowjackets-wall.html)

BCDrums September 24th 08 04:25 PM

Dry (powder) insecticide to kill yellowjackets in wall

I found yellowjackets entering the exterior wall through a little hole.
I set up a shop vac near the hole and caught all the bugs entering and
returning, and now the nest seems deserted. I was going to spray Sevin
in the hole, but found out from the manufacturer that it is not meant
for yellowjackets.

Is there a powder I can spray into the wall, rather than a smelly wet
insecticide? I have a can of spray stuff, but I'd rather use something
orderless and dry, if there is such a product.

Thanks!
BC

dpb September 24th 08 05:26 PM

BCDrums wrote:
I found yellowjackets entering the exterior wall through a little hole.

Is there a powder I can spray into the wall, rather than a smelly wet
insecticide? I have a can of spray stuff, but I'd rather use something
orderless and dry, if there is such a product.

If you got the bulk of them and really don't want to use the wasp spray
for some reason, I'd just caulk up or otherwise repair the hole and go on...

Frank September 24th 08 06:59 PM

Dry (powder) insecticide to kill yellowjackets in wall

Steve Barker DLT wrote:
Just plug the durn hole....

I agree. I had some nesting in wall, getting in around a porch lamp and
did not want anything wet around the wiring. Caulked around fixture and
sealed them in. Took a few days for buzzing to subside.

mike September 24th 08 07:24 PM

On Sep 24, 8:25*am, BCDrums wrote:
I found yellowjackets entering the exterior wall through a little hole.
* I set up a shop vac near the hole and caught all the bugs entering and
returning, and now the nest seems deserted. I was going to spray Sevin
in the hole, but found out from the manufacturer that it is not meant
for yellowjackets.

Is there a powder I can spray into the wall, rather than a smelly wet
insecticide? I have a can of spray stuff, but I'd rather use something
orderless and dry, if there is such a product.

Thanks!
BC

You can use Sevin.

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2510.htm

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef620.asp

I've personally seen it work just fine.

dpb September 24th 08 07:48 PM

Dry (powder) insecticide to kill yellowjackets in wall

mike wrote:

You can use Sevin.

Of course he can toss some in the hole; the probabilities of it going
anywhere it'll do any good are pretty minimal, of course... :)

ransley September 24th 08 08:17 PM

On Sep 24, 10:25*am, BCDrums wrote:
I found yellowjackets entering the exterior wall through a little hole.
* I set up a shop vac near the hole and caught all the bugs entering and
returning, and now the nest seems deserted. I was going to spray Sevin
in the hole, but found out from the manufacturer that it is not meant
for yellowjackets.

Is there a powder I can spray into the wall, rather than a smelly wet
insecticide? I have a can of spray stuff, but I'd rather use something
orderless and dry, if there is such a product.

Thanks!
BC

7 is perfect for yellowjackets, its honey bees, that it will also
decimate their hive, ive klilled over the years maybe 20 nests with 7,
its easiest safest with 7

Cam in Toronto September 24th 08 09:05 PM

On Sep 24, 11:25*am, BCDrums wrote:
I found yellowjackets entering the exterior wall through a little hole.
* I set up a shop vac near the hole and caught all the bugs entering and
returning, and now the nest seems deserted. I was going to spray Sevin
in the hole, but found out from the manufacturer that it is not meant
for yellowjackets.

Is there a powder I can spray into the wall, rather than a smelly wet
insecticide? I have a can of spray stuff, but I'd rather use something
orderless and dry, if there is such a product.

Thanks!
BC

Diatomaceous Earth (ant powder) and caulk up the hole.
Shop Vacs work great on yellowjackets. I vacuum up a half gallon of
soapy water first to drown them.

Cam

BCDrums September 24th 08 11:02 PM

mike wrote:
On Sep 24, 8:25 am, BCDrums wrote:
I found yellowjackets entering the exterior wall through a little hole.
I set up a shop vac near the hole and caught all the bugs entering and
returning, and now the nest seems deserted. I was going to spray Sevin
in the hole, but found out from the manufacturer that it is not meant
for yellowjackets.

Is there a powder I can spray into the wall, rather than a smelly wet
insecticide? I have a can of spray stuff, but I'd rather use something
orderless and dry, if there is such a product.

Thanks!
BC

You can use Sevin.

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2510.htm

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef620.asp

I've personally seen it work just fine.

Thanks for the links. They do recommend Sevin. I may just seal it up; I
think I got almost all of the critters with my shop vac, which I ran all
day yesterday on 'em.