DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Update: trim around bath vent siding (pics) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/261097-update-trim-around-bath-vent-siding-pics.html)

Mikepier September 24th 08 12:17 AM

Update: trim around bath vent siding (pics)

A couple of days ago , I asked for advice how to trim around a bath
vent i installed. Because my siding was not flat, I followed the
instructions and cut around the whole perimeter of the vent.
It turns out Lowes had a mounting block for this purpose. Although it
was too late for me since I already cut the opening, I improvised and
used the block. I think it came out pretty good

First 2 pics are before.
Third pic is the block I got from Lowes.
4th and 5th pic is the finished product.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock...dTrimBathVent#

John Grabowski September 24th 08 01:03 AM

"Mikepier" wrote in message
A couple of days ago , I asked for advice how to trim around a bath
vent i installed. Because my siding was not flat, I followed the
instructions and cut around the whole perimeter of the vent.
It turns out Lowes had a mounting block for this purpose. Although it
was too late for me since I already cut the opening, I improvised and
used the block. I think it came out pretty good

First 2 pics are before.
Third pic is the block I got from Lowes.
4th and 5th pic is the finished product.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock...dTrimBathVent#

Much better! Like it was made for it. Congratulations.

SteveBell September 24th 08 01:17 AM

Mikepier wrote:

A couple of days ago , I asked for advice how to trim around a bath
vent i installed. Because my siding was not flat, I followed the
instructions and cut around the whole perimeter of the vent.
It turns out Lowes had a mounting block for this purpose. Although it
was too late for me since I already cut the opening, I improvised and
used the block. I think it came out pretty good

First 2 pics are before.
Third pic is the block I got from Lowes.
4th and 5th pic is the finished product.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock...dTrimBathVent#

Nice recovery.

One difference between an amateur and a professional is what they do
about a mistake. The amateur slaps on some cosmetics to hide the
mistake. The professional hitches up his belt and finds a solution.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Mikepier September 24th 08 02:12 AM

Update: trim around bath vent siding (pics)

One difference between an amateur and a professional is what they do
about a mistake. The amateur slaps on some cosmetics to hide the
mistake. The professional hitches up his belt and finds a solution.

Somewhere in between lies a balance of learning from your mistakes and
persevering.

BobK207 September 25th 08 07:32 PM

On Sep 23, 4:17*pm, Mikepier wrote:
A couple of days ago , I asked for advice how to trim around a bath
vent i installed. Because my siding was not flat, I followed the
instructions and cut around the whole perimeter of the vent.
It turns out Lowes had a mounting block for this purpose. Although it
was too late for me since I already cut the opening, I improvised and
used the block. I think it came out pretty good

First 2 pics are before.
Third pic is the block I got from Lowes.
4th and 5th pic is the finished product.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock...dTrimBathVent#

Very nice recovery!

I was worried that you were going to get stuck with a cobbled up mess
but this turned out nice.

cheers
Bob