Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet offset

I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard
offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or
hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly appreciated.
JJ
Posted to alt.home.repair

dbljay7542 wrote:
I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard
offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or
hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly appreciated.
JJ

Google is your friend as are a lot of plumbing books.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

dbljay7542 wrote:
I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard
offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or
hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly appreciated.
JJ

Take a yardstick and go into your bathroom. Measure from the bolthead
under the plastic cap to the finish wall, and add 3/4 of an inch or so,
and you should be good to go.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 22, 9:25*pm, dbljay7542 wrote:
I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard
offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or
hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly appreciated.
JJ

Standard offset is 12", but other offsets are available if you make an
error. Check manufacturers web sites, the counter guys at a wholesale
ditributor and similar pro sources. The box stores always have racks
of good books on such subjects, and don't overlook your local library.
Local building code people can be surprisingly helpful with oddball
regulations specific to your location. HTH

joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

As others have said, standard is 12".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:25:06 -0700 (PDT), dbljay7542
wrote:

I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard
offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or
hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly appreciated.
JJ

There are a couple of standard offsets. Do some homework before you
start, and it will save you a lot of grief. For that matter, you realy
should have choosen all the fixtures during the design process.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:50:19 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

As others have said, standard is 12".

except for the other standard!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard
offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or
hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly appreciated.
JJ

Some say 12" from the center drain to the rough wall, others say 12"
from the center drain to the finished wall. Best to get your toilet
before plumbing/wall construction.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Some say 12" from the center drain to the rough wall, others say 12"
from the center drain to the finished wall. *Best to get your toilet
before plumbing/wall construction.

Its usually 12" from center drain to finished wall. You can measure
the actual toilet that you pick, but the problem with that is what if
a couple of years down the road you have to change the toilet, and it
does not fit. Some manufacturers say their toilet is 12", but in
reality they could leave an 1" or 2 space, like the Toto toilets for
example. I just installed a 12" Toto and there is about a 1" space
behind the toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
dbljay7542 wrote:
I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard
offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or
hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly
appreciated. JJ

Google is your friend as are a lot of plumbing books.

That's not always true.

Recently I had a second date with a lovely, buxom, lady. Sitting in her
living room, watching the TV news, she suddenly blurted out: "That goddamn
Bush should learn some history!"

Me: "Uh, he has a bachelor's degree from Yale. In history."
She: "That's a goddamn lie!"
(tappity-tappity on the computer)
Me: "I found it via Google. It says here he also has an MBA. From Harvard."
She: "The ****in' Republicans have taken over the goddamn internet! (sounds
of things being thrown)"
Me: (Quickly concocting a complicated, but believable, excuse for leaving)
"I have to go."

Morals:

1. Google is not always your friend.
2. Don't date an unmedicated manic-depressive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

12" from the center line of the waste to the finish wall is the
most normal. There are some available with a 10" rough, but
unusual. It would be best to have the toilet picked out ahead,
but 12" should work for almost anything.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .