DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cheap tub fixtures (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260955-cheap-tub-fixtures.html)

JIMMIE September 22nd 08 02:34 PM

cheap tub fixtures

I recently had about $4000 in damage done to my house because of the
cheap pot metal fill spout on my tub. A hole was eaten in the back of
it due to various chemicals in the water and every time the tub was
used water would squirt out the back into the wall. There is no
telling how long this had been going on until the hole had gotten
large enough so I could tell it was wetting the floor in my closet.
Since it happened I found that this has also happened to several of my
neighbors. Tub plumbing now has an acces door in the closet and gets
check often.

Jimmie