Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heating system check

Just a reminder, now that cool weather is starting, be sure the heater fires
up and avoid the crowds if you need serious service.

Last night it got down into the low 40's and the house was 65 this morning.
Tried the heat just to be sure it worked and found a thermostat stopped
working. It was easier to fix today rather than find it at 5:30 on a very
chilly morning.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 20, 8:59*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
Just a reminder, now that cool weather is starting, be sure the heater fires
up and avoid the crowds if you need serious service.

Last night it got down into the low 40's and the house was 65 this morning.
Tried the heat just to be sure it worked and found a thermostat stopped
working. *It was easier to fix today rather than find it at 5:30 on a very
chilly morning.
--
Edhttp://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Good advice. And don't forget to change the thermostat battery, lube
the blower, change air filter and such, depending on type of heat at
your palace.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Replace batteries in thermostat. I have that problem, I forget to replace my
own batteries. So busy fixing others equipment.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Just a reminder, now that cool weather is starting, be sure the heater fires
up and avoid the crowds if you need serious service.

Last night it got down into the low 40's and the house was 65 this morning.
Tried the heat just to be sure it worked and found a thermostat stopped
working. It was easier to fix today rather than find it at 5:30 on a very
chilly morning.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Or, you can call a HVAC tech, and pay him large ammounts of money. To change
the thermostat battery, lube the blower, change air filter and such,
depending on type of heat at your place.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Joe" wrote in message

Good advice. And don't forget to change the thermostat battery, lube
the blower, change air filter and such, depending on type of heat at
your palace.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Or, you can call a HVAC tech, and pay him large ammounts of money. To change
the thermostat battery, lube the blower, change air filter and such,
depending on type of heat at your place.

Oil burner tech just left. We have annual service contract. I was told
you should have oil burner serviced annually but with gas you could go
five years.