DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sinkhole Near Deep Well Pump (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260842-sinkhole-near-deep-well-pump.html)

Indio Bravo September 21st 08 12:13 AM

Sinkhole Near Deep Well Pump

A sinkhole, now about 2 feet deep and approx. 4 feet wide by 5 feet
long, has formed within 5 feet from my deep well equipped with a
submersible pump over 100 feet down. My water supply has not been
affected so far and the pump is doing just fine, judging from the
strong water pressure in the house. Is this just coincidence, or has
the pump got something to do with it? We had a long drought here in
Northern VA followed by torrential rains about 2 weeks ago. Should I
be worried about this, and what can be done about it? Should I wait
until the pump stops working? Thanks for any help.

hr(bob) [email protected] September 21st 08 05:10 AM

On Sep 20, 6:13*pm, Indio Bravo wrote:
A sinkhole, now about 2 feet deep and approx. 4 feet wide by 5 feet
long, has formed within 5 feet from my deep well equipped with a
submersible pump over 100 feet down. My water supply has not been
affected so far and the pump is doing just fine, judging from the
strong water pressure in the house. Is this just coincidence, or has
the pump got something to do with it? We had a long drought here in
Northern VA followed by torrential rains about 2 weeks ago. Should I
be worried about this, and what can be done about it? Should I wait
until the pump stops working? Thanks for any help.

I'd sure put a fence a few feet away around the area just to keep
curious kids and adults away until it stops whatever it is doing.

Joe September 21st 08 03:10 PM

Sinkhole Near Deep Well Pump

On Sep 20, 11:10*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

snip.

I'd sure put a fence a few feet away around the area just to keep
curious kids and adults away until it stops whatever it is doing.

And after you do that, call your well service company for a
consultation. There may be well casing problems like a fracture or
dislocation that could benefit from early intervention. Good luck.

Joe

Ron in NY September 21st 08 05:37 PM

Sinkhole Near Deep Well Pump

You might have a small water leak in the pipe going to the house.
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.