DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260772-walmart-colorplace-patio-paint.html)

Tube Audio[_2_] September 19th 08 11:54 PM

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?

Hi

I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic.

I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the
ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio paint.

Anyone know anything about or use the WalMart paint?

Lou September 20th 08 12:22 AM

On Sep 19, 5:54 pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hi

I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic.

I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the
ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio paint.

Anyone know anything about or use the WalMart paint?

Walmart interior paint is terrific, in fact you can't beat it.
Walmart exterior isn't. I however have never used the concrete paint.
Lou

LM[_2_] September 20th 08 12:59 AM

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hi

I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic.

I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the
ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio paint.

Anyone know anything about or use the WalMart paint?

If you're set on WalMart.... I can't help you.

However, if you're not opposed to options, look into H&C concrete _stain_.
This is an excellent product. Sold at places like Sherwin Williams & B.
Moore.

bb September 20th 08 03:36 AM

"LM" wrote in message ...

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hi

I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic.

I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the
ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio paint.

Anyone know anything about or use the WalMart paint?

If you're set on WalMart.... I can't help you.

However, if you're not opposed to options, look into H&C concrete _stain_.
This is an excellent product. Sold at places like Sherwin Williams & B.
Moore.

You're a Walmart shopper... you buy whatever is cheapest...sheesh

Rose[_5_] September 20th 08 04:56 AM

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?

On Sep 19, 8:36*pm, "bb" wrote:
"LM" wrote in ...

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hi

I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic.

I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the
ColorPlace paint at Walmart. *They also make a patio paint.

Anyone know anything about or use the WalMart paint?

If you're set on WalMart.... I can't help you.

However, if you're not opposed to options, look into H&C concrete _stain_.
This is an excellent product. Sold at places like Sherwin Williams & B.
Moore.

You're a Walmart shopper... you buy whatever is cheapest...sheesh

But the paint is a good buy.
Lead is a good shield against radiation.

PeterD September 20th 08 01:40 PM

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:36:40 -0400, "bb"
wrote:

"LM" wrote in message ...

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hi

I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic.

I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the
ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio paint.

Anyone know anything about or use the WalMart paint?

If you're set on WalMart.... I can't help you.

However, if you're not opposed to options, look into H&C concrete _stain_.
This is an excellent product. Sold at places like Sherwin Williams & B.
Moore.

You're a Walmart shopper... you buy whatever is cheapest...sheesh

and made in China from materials and contents that are largly unknown.
Somehow I can't get excited about Chinese paint--and finding out a
year or two later it has toxic industrial waste in it that is leaching
out into your home.

I'd recommend a reputable paint supplier, and not Wally-World...

dpb September 20th 08 03:23 PM

Lou wrote:
Walmart interior paint is terrific, in fact you can't beat it.
Walmart exterior isn't. I however have never used the concrete paint.

I've used one WM-branded exterior paint that seems just as good as any
other I've used. It is a Sherwin-Williams manufactured paint. Of
course, wasn't that much cheaper than S-W direct, but they were open at
a time S-W store wasn't.

Like any other paint comparison, a name alone isn't enough; one must
compare specific paints at similar price points to having any many at all...

dpb September 20th 08 04:06 PM

dpb wrote:
Like any other paint comparison, a name alone isn't enough; one must
compare specific paints at similar price points to having any many at
all...

Dang my typing is getting atrocious... :(

"to having any many at all..." -- what's up w/ that? :)

"to having any meaning at all..."

Steve Barker DLT September 20th 08 06:47 PM

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?

I use the color place exterior primer, but our experience with the rest of
the color place paints has not been good.

Steve Barker DLT September 20th 08 06:48 PM

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?

Just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's good. What you suggested may not
be good advice.

"bb" wrote in message
. ..

You're a Walmart shopper... you buy whatever is cheapest...sheesh

Red Green September 21st 08 04:56 AM

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?

PeterD wrote in
:

wrote:

"LM" wrote in message ...

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hi

I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot
traffic.

I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the
ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio paint.

Anyone know anything about or use the WalMart paint?

If you're set on WalMart.... I can't help you.

However, if you're not opposed to options, look into H&C concrete
_stain_. This is an excellent product. Sold at places like Sherwin
Williams & B. Moore.

You're a Walmart shopper... you buy whatever is cheapest...sheesh

and made in China from materials and contents that are largly unknown.
Somehow I can't get excited about Chinese paint--and finding out a
year or two later it has toxic industrial waste in it that is leaching
out into your home.

As long as it doesn't glow in the dark on it's own, it's OK :-)

I'd recommend a reputable paint supplier, and not Wally-World...

Steppy November 6th 20 05:31 PM

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?

ColorPlace is made by Sherwin-Williams.

--