DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Clear epoxy? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260699-clear-epoxy.html)

jim September 19th 08 01:33 AM

Clear epoxy?

Is there a clear epoxy that will bond glass (crystal) to brass. The
glass door knob handle came off of the brass seat.

Charlie[_7_] September 19th 08 01:54 AM

Clear epoxy?

"jim" wrote in message
Is there a clear epoxy that will bond glass (crystal) to brass. The
glass door knob handle came off of the brass seat.

Yes there is. I can't tell you the name though. Several years ago I was
having an annual chore of reattaching the rear view mirror to the
windshield. This was using the stuff that the auto supply places sold.

Somewhere I came across a clear epoxy that has worked now for over 6 or
seven years. I think it was from an auto supply store but I was away from
home and don't even remember the store name.

At any rate this is to tell you to keep looking. I know the stuff exists.

Charlie

boden September 19th 08 07:36 AM

Clear epoxy?

jim wrote:

Is there a clear epoxy that will bond glass (crystal) to brass. The
glass door knob handle came off of the brass seat.

Use Loctite Clear Epoxy #312 and Loctite Primer 3736. These two items
can be bought as a kit from CR Lawrence under their part number 3346.

Boden

Runtime Error September 19th 08 12:39 PM

Clear epoxy?

"Charlie" wrote in message

"jim" wrote in message
Is there a clear epoxy that will bond glass (crystal) to brass. The
glass door knob handle came off of the brass seat.

Yes there is. I can't tell you the name though. Several years ago I was
having an annual chore of reattaching the rear view mirror to the
windshield. This was using the stuff that the auto supply places sold.

Somewhere I came across a clear epoxy that has worked now for over 6 or
seven years. I think it was from an auto supply store but I was away from
home and don't even remember the store name.

At any rate this is to tell you to keep looking. I know the stuff exists.

Charlie

If you'd use rear view mirror cement, it would stay on permanently.
Wal-Mart, $3.00, done.

Jim C September 20th 08 03:44 AM

Clear epoxy?

CYANOACRYLATE do a search on this, not an epoxy, not a glue..some call it
superglue but if the objects are clean, and need to be bonded it will
work...

Jim Yanik September 20th 08 05:54 AM

Clear epoxy?

"Jim C" wrote in
:

"Boden" wrote in message
jim wrote:

Is there a clear epoxy that will bond glass (crystal) to brass. The
glass door knob handle came off of the brass seat.

Use Loctite Clear Epoxy #312 and Loctite Primer 3736. These two
items can be bought as a kit from CR Lawrence under their part number
3346.

Boden

if the joint is subject to shear impacts,then cyanoacrylates are not as
good as epoxy. A doorknob may get such shear forces.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik