Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Local Plumbers HELP!!

Hi,

I just moved to the area last Tuesday (Bellevue) and was lucky to be met a
day later with a blocked toilet that is clogged farther down than a plunge
or snake can fix. Yay, what fun! Anyhoo, I was hoping some of the locals
would be able to recommend a reliable, licensed and insured plumber that
they have worked with before and that has reasonable rates.

Any help is muchly appreciated!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"zackefron" zackefron008[at]gmail[dot]com wrote in message
Hi,

I just moved to the area last Tuesday (Bellevue) and was lucky to be met a
day later with a blocked toilet that is clogged farther down than a plunge
or snake can fix. Yay, what fun! Anyhoo, I was hoping some of the locals
would be able to recommend a reliable, licensed and insured plumber that
they have worked with before and that has reasonable rates.
Any help is muchly appreciated!!!

When you posted last week I told you to call Parent. They specialize in
stuff like that and have all the equipment. Fixed my broken drain line out
by the street at reasonable cost.

Posted to alt.home.repair

zackefron zackefron008[at]gmail[dot]com wrote in
:

I just moved to the area last Tuesday (Bellevue) and was lucky to be
met a day later with a blocked toilet that is clogged farther down
than a plunge or snake can fix. Yay, what fun! Anyhoo, I was hoping
some of the locals would be able to recommend a reliable, licensed and
insured plumber that they have worked with before and that has
reasonable rates.

The work that needs to be done is simple, and no plumber is likely to do
it wrong. All they have to do is open the clean-out, which should be
outside, near the house, possibly buried a short distance underground.
Then do a power snake in that clean-out. That will fix it.

Then you have to ask what kind of pipe your sewer is. If it's old clay
pipe, you probably have tree roots growing into it, and those are the
probable cause of the problem. The power snake will get the tree roots,
but they will grow back, if you don't do something about them. The tree
can be a long way away from the house, even across the street. Tree
roots can grow a long way underground. If a tree gets uprooted, the
roots don't look that long, but that's because they get broken when it
gets uprooted.

The exact same problem you have, we had when we moved in to our house,
and a plumber did the snake work for approximately $60. It only took him
a few minutes.
Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:08:43 GMT, Anagram
wrote:

The work that needs to be done is simple, and no plumber is likely to do
it wrong. All they have to do is open the clean-out, which should be
outside, near the house, possibly buried a short distance underground.
Then do a power snake in that clean-out. That will fix it.

Then you have to ask what kind of pipe your sewer is. If it's old clay
pipe, you probably have tree roots growing into it, and those are the
probable cause of the problem. The power snake will get the tree roots,
but they will grow back, if you don't do something about them. The tree
can be a long way away from the house, even across the street. Tree
roots can grow a long way underground. If a tree gets uprooted, the
roots don't look that long, but that's because they get broken when it
gets uprooted.

As for "do something about" those roots, just be sure to periodically
pour a root killing chemical down that drain, at least annually. One
poster here has a recipe he swears by; Google Groups will help you
find it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KLS" wrote in message

As for "do something about" those roots, just be sure to periodically
pour a root killing chemical down that drain, at least annually. One
poster here has a recipe he swears by; Google Groups will help you
find it.

One was to dump a bag of rock salt into the laundry tub and let it dissolve
slowly into the sewer line.