Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need small pump

I have a problem with a basement leak that only occurs during
extremely bad rainstorms. This occurs once every couple
of years.

Until the problem is solved I need a small quiet water pump that
I can position and run continuously overnight or when I am at
work. I plan on attaching a wet vacs floor suction tool that will be
directed at the leak. Then I will plumb the output to the sump pump.

I can find small submersibles pumps but not small pumps that will
accept plumbing and can be run dry continuously.

Any help about finding a suitable pump would be appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have a problem with a basement leak that only occurs during
extremely bad rainstorms. This occurs once every couple
of years.

Until the problem is solved I need a small quiet water pump that
I can position and run continuously overnight or when I am at
work. I plan on attaching a wet vacs floor suction tool that will be
directed at the leak. Then I will plumb the output to the sump pump.

I can find small submersibles pumps but not small pumps that will
accept plumbing and can be run dry continuously.

Any help about finding a suitable pump would be appreciated.

I wouldn't think "running dry" would be good for a pump. As for a small one,
maybe an A/C condensate pump might be adaptable.