Old September 14th 08, 09:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing SubZero 690/S Light Switch

I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
refrigerator/freezer.
What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the top
grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?
The new switch looks like it snaps in. One side has a small ridge and the
other a plastic clip that holds it in place.
I know I have to shut power off first.

Old September 14th 08, 11:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article >, [email protected] (Bruce) writes:
| I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
| refrigerator/freezer.
| What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
| Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the top
| grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?

When I did it I removed the grill. It's a good opportunity to clean
the condenser (but I'm sure you do that regularly anyway .

Dan Lanciani
[email protected]*com
Old September 15th 08, 01:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Lanciani wrote:
> In article >, [email protected] (Bruce) writes:
> | I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
> | refrigerator/freezer.
> | What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
> | Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the top
> | grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?
>
> When I did it I removed the grill. It's a good opportunity to clean
> the condenser (but I'm sure you do that regularly anyway .
>
> Dan Lanciani
> [email protected]*com

I've found that removing the grill and cleaning the condenser twice each
year is needed. I wish SubZero had a better design for the attachment
of the grill though.
Old September 18th 08, 10:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Bruce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S
>refrigerator/freezer.
> What is the easiest way to replace the switch?
> Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to remove the
> top grill and the cover over the switch and push it down and out?
> The new switch looks like it snaps in. One side has a small ridge and the
> other a plastic clip that holds it in place.
> I know I have to shut power off first.

I did come in from the grill side. It was much easier and yes the condenser
did need cleaning.
Thanks for the advice.