Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oil to Gas Conversion Burner

My daughter has a 15 year old house with an oil fired boiler. The unit
was the top of the line and has is operating at 80% efficiency
according to the latest tuneup She has a gas line into the house. In
our area oil is more than twice as expensive as natural gas per therm.
My options are to replace the oil burner with a Wayne conversion
burner and leave the boiler in tact, 3 hour job for myself. With this
option I can run the tank dry (she has about 250 gallons left) and
then replace the burner.
My other option is to replace the entire unit with a Triangle Tube
high efficiency boiler. To do this will require a 2 day operation and
I will probably have to do the replacement before the heating season
begins.
Any suggestions? BTW she used about 900 gallons last year.
Thanks, Richard
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 14, 2:12�pm, " wrote:
My daughter has a 15 year old house with an oil fired boiler. The unit
was the top of the line and has is operating at �80% efficiency
according to the latest tuneup �She has a gas line into the house.. In
our area oil is more than twice as expensive as natural gas per therm.
My options are to replace the oil burner with a Wayne conversion
burner and leave the boiler in tact, �3 hour job for myself. With this
option I can run the tank dry (she has about 250 gallons left) and
then replace the burner.
My other option is to replace the entire unit with a Triangle Tube
high efficiency boiler. To do this will require a 2 day operation and
I will probably have to do the replacement before the heating season
begins.
Any suggestions? BTW she used about 900 gallons last year.
Thanks, Richard

a high efficeny replacement will net more long term savings,
converting to natural gas if availble is a good idea.

check with gas supplier they may have some incentives to encourage
conversion
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 14, 1:34*pm, " wrote:
On Sep 14, 2:12 pm, " wrote:

[...]

Any chance of selling the existing oil??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 14, 3:09*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Sep 14, 1:34*pm, " wrote:

On Sep 14, 2:12 pm, " wrote:

[...]

Not only will they not buy it but they charge you fto remove it..
I was hoping that someone had some experience with the Wayne.
Richard

Oil - gas burner conversion Frank[_10_] Home Repair 7 March 22nd 08 03:29 AM
oil burner [email protected] UK diy 4 December 27th 06 04:28 PM
Buy new Oil Burner or fix old one? Tony Home Repair 1 November 15th 06 12:20 AM
Gas burner Briggs Home Repair 3 July 13th 06 11:50 AM
Gas conversion burner Rich M. Home Ownership 0 October 18th 04 02:30 PM