DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Painting new prepainted downspouts ? DTM paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260056-painting-new-prepainted-downspouts-dtm-paint.html)

Tube Audio[_2_] September 12th 08 03:12 AM

Painting new prepainted downspouts ? DTM paint?

Hello

I just got new gutters and downspouts installed prepainted Aluminum 30
White.

I am painting the house and wanted to paint the downspouts the color of the
home. I will leave the gutters white.

How should I paint the downspouts? Do I need to prime them? Or just use
the regular house paint or DTM Direct to Metal paint such as Kelly Moore
5725 DTM?

Thanks

ransley September 13th 08 06:47 PM

On Sep 11, 9:12*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hello

I just got new gutters and downspouts installed prepainted Aluminum 30
White.

I am painting the house and wanted to paint the downspouts the color of the
home. *I will leave the gutters white.

How should I paint the downspouts? * Do I need to prime them? *Or just use
the regular house paint or DTM Direct to Metal paint such as Kelly Moore
5725 DTM?

Thanks

They are painted so DTM is out. They are likely a hard oil finish I
would go ask at a real paint store you might want a primer but a good
roughening would be smart. Sherwin Williams has a latex meant to bond
to even dirt that you might consider called maybe Duration. Is Kelly,
Bens brother. Ben Moore is known quality.