Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning dryer duct

I have an apt bldg that needs some dryer ducts cleaned.
I was told by one company they used high pressure, didn't say how much
pressure, air to
blow out the duct (some are 20 ft) I have never heard of
that....how much pressure would they use?
Seems like a rotating brush would be better
Terry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Cano wrote:
I have an apt bldg that needs some dryer ducts cleaned.
I was told by one company they used high pressure, didn't say how much
pressure, air to
blow out the duct (some are 20 ft) I have never heard of
that....how much pressure would they use?
Seems like a rotating brush would be better
Terry

But the air is easier. You might try a leafblower. Take the outside
covers off. Use a brush at the outside ends.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 11, 7:00*pm, "Terry Cano" wrote:
I have an apt bldg that needs some dryer ducts cleaned.
I was told by one company they used high pressure, didn't say how much
pressure, *air to
blow out the duct (some are 20 ft) I have never heard of
that....how much pressure would they use?
Seems like a rotating brush would be better
Terry

20 ft, DIY, a brushing, then air sounds best. Just air I guess will
leave all residue build up. But air is cheapest for a hack.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Cano wrote:
I have an apt bldg that needs some dryer ducts cleaned.
I was told by one company they used high pressure, didn't say how much
pressure, air to
blow out the duct (some are 20 ft) I have never heard of
that....how much pressure would they use?
Seems like a rotating brush would be better
Terry

Think cat.

Shaggy ones work best.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:00:27 -0700, "Terry Cano"
wrote:

I have an apt bldg that needs some dryer ducts cleaned.
I was told by one company they used high pressure, didn't say how much
pressure, air to
blow out the duct (some are 20 ft) I have never heard of
that....how much pressure would they use?
Seems like a rotating brush would be better
Terry

An sudden air blast would do a quick job of it. I guess that would
involve removing the ductowork from the dryer first and making sure
nobody was at the other end when the blast came through. A garden
hose works well--rubberband a wad of rags on the end and
twist-and-pull back and forth--no purchasing a special brush and the
hose goes a long distance and around turns.

Air duct cleaning elanamig Home Repair 10 May 4th 07 10:36 PM
Air Duct Cleaning ? Results ? Postal68 Home Repair 24 May 2nd 07 06:41 AM
Duct For A Gas Dryer ? Robert11 Home Repair 8 March 21st 05 06:00 AM
Duct cleaning Jag Man Home Repair 17 February 18th 05 04:40 AM
Furnace Cleaning/ Duct Cleaning Sennin Home Repair 36 January 28th 05 01:35 PM