Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Barn wood

On Sep 10, 12:41*pm, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
I want to make some "stuff" out of old weathered wood common to my area.
When you cut through the wood, though, there is a new color to the wood
where it is not aged. *Is there something I can apply to that area that will
make it at least colored like the weathered part?

Thanks.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Not sure about other brands, but Devoe Paint has a "gray" to match
weathered wood.

Red
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 10, 12:41*pm, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
I want to make some "stuff" out of old weathered wood common to my area.
When you cut through the wood, though, there is a new color to the wood
where it is not aged. *Is there something I can apply to that area that will
make it at least colored like the weathered part?

snip

With all the neat high tech paint matching available in stores these
days it should be a cinch to get exactly what you want. For a bit more
finesse, it could be even better to try a real paint like Sherwin-
Williams. There are some surprising things available that pro
decorators favor.

Joe

BIG BARN lance Home Repair 4 October 19th 07 02:18 AM
Barn Wood Salvage Buyer Needed The WoodMitch Shop Woodworking 8 April 4th 07 07:08 AM
Green Caterpillar eating barn wood Dave In WA Home Repair 2 September 19th 05 12:43 PM
Walnut lumber, barn wood and a walnut stump: for sale - Kansas City area James Hendrix Woodworking 5 August 21st 05 05:53 AM
Barn coming down, wood any good? Mike W. Woodworking 12 January 18th 05 06:11 PM